See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to disable Firefox's 'Leave Page' confirmation pop-up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How to disable Firefox's 'Leave Page' confirmation pop-up.

A.K.A., how to bot more than 6+ hours properly.

Hey there! So, I started my bot last night, and woke up this morning to the "your game session has ended...." message on runescape. I had my username, password, and bank pin filled in, and also "browser refresh" activated. This is the second time in two nights it's done this, and I realized why; I don't think the bot can get passed the "Are you sure you want to leave this page?" pop-up that opens when you try refreshing the RS page. So I decided to try and solve the pop-up problem to help the bot refresh the page properly. First things first, is that Firefox itself does not offer any setting to turn that off, and it is most likely from the page itself.

So, let's start this mini-guide then;

First thing you'll need, is

Greasemonkey allows you to customize a lot of aspects of Firefox that FF doesn't allow itself, by the use of little bits of JavaScript known as "Userscripts". You can find Greasemonkey here.

Once you have downloaded, close your browser, and open it back up.

Now, you'll need the specific Userscript, which is

You can also find that here. This stops the javascript that stops you from leaving a page.

So, make sure you have Greasemonkey enabled in the Add-ons section "tools > Add-Ons > Extensions" Like so:

Once you have clicked "install" on the Userscript page, this will pop up:

Press "install" again on the pop-up, and Greasemonkey will install the userscript itself in a jiffy. Once you have it downloaded, close your browser and open it again (and if need be, close the firefox.exe process first).

There you go. You have completely blocked that pop-up. If you'd like to test it out, visit Runescape and click "play now" and wait for it to load. Then try refreshing the page, and once you refresh it, there should not be any "Are you sure you want to leave" dialogs.

Happy Botting!

**Note: I am running Firefox version 14.0.1. To check your version of Firefox, click "Help" in the menu bar, then "About firefox".

Veteran Member  
    Merchant   $100 Credit    ! Premium: 1500->2000 hours used  Free Bots: 100->200 hours used  99 Fishing 99 Fletch 99 Wc 99 Thieving 99 Cook 99 Strength 99 Attack 99 Mager 
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    or use chrome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Reported for spam, gf, inb4 ban.

Veteran Member  
    Merchant   $100 Credit    ! Premium: 1500->2000 hours used  Free Bots: 100->200 hours used  99 Fishing 99 Fletch 99 Wc 99 Thieving 99 Cook 99 Strength 99 Attack 99 Mager 
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

thats not spam, its an alternate suggest so you dont have to do all of that ^

Veteran Member  
     Merchant   $50 Credit    Premium: 1500->2000 hours used  99 Firemaking 99 Fishing 99 Wc 99 Thieving 99 Defence 99 Strength 99 Smith 99 Mager 
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    YAY! WORX! 10x a bunch!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonCellWheel View Post
    thats not spam, its an alternate suggest so you dont have to do all of that ^
    Sure! If you want to play safe mode only and have a shitload of whitescreens...........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was joking, I never reported you. But glad you found it useful DorDor!

Veteran Member  
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DorDor View Post
    YAY! WORX! 10x a bunch!

Sure! If you want to play safe mode only and have a shitload of whitescreens...........

Must be your computer, none of those problems apply to me

Veteran Member  
    Merchant   $10 Credit    Premium: 1500->2000 hours used  Free Bots: 300->500 hours used  99 Fishing 99 Fletch 99 Wc 99 Thieving 99 Cook 99 Strength 99 Mager 
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Fucking genius mate, thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No problem Endy! Like I said, it kind of pissed me off that the bot wasn't able to make it through more than 6 hours, and I finally took to it to find a solution.

U mirin'  
     Merchant   $50 Credit    Premium: 1500->2000 hours used  Free Bots: 300->500 hours used  Guideline Breaker   99 Firemaking 99 Fishing 99 Fletch 99 Herblore 99 Wc 99 Thieving 99 Crafting 99 Con 99 Cook 99 Agility 99 Miner 99 Prayer 99 Hp 99 Defence 99 Strength 99 Attack 99 Range 99 Smith 99 Mager 
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I don't use firefox but it's still a nice way to circumvent the problem, goodjob lad