PDA

View Full Version : Cedric's approach to bodybuilding

Pages : 1 [2]

Cedric
05-17-2013, 03:54 PM
There is no point even me taking it then, Might as well stick to coffee that worked better for me. But just the taste is horrible.

If that's the case then it's better to stick to coffee, though I must say you're an odd specimen :D

Mechmeret
05-17-2013, 03:55 PM
Oh and just fyi, it may just be a placebo effect that you're not able to sleep, you never know :idk

Rumo
05-21-2013, 05:29 PM
If I go to the gym during the day and do a certain muscle group (e.g. biceps) would it be useful to do more biceps exercises in the evening at home?
Thinking that logically the more you do the better, but a friend told me that it won't help at all.

Cedric
05-21-2013, 05:33 PM
No it's not particularly effective to do it that way, also if you've done your work in the gym you won't feel like doing more at home.

Aufi
06-12-2013, 05:04 PM
Just ordered a Super Charge Xtreme myself, since I've gotten tolerant to Craze as well :(

Did you like it, Ced?

Smurf
06-12-2013, 05:11 PM
Erray day is arm day

http://gyazo.com/1c103d70b2976320e6afacf0a4cc0b44

Cedric
06-12-2013, 06:44 PM
Just ordered a Super Charge Xtreme myself, since I've gotten tolerant to Craze as well :(

Did you like it, Ced?

It works just fine but it's got a lot of caffe´ne (200mg) per scoop :'(

koblenko
06-19-2013, 03:54 PM
bicep day, tricep day, no back day???? WTF.

I generally do chest/triceps (bench press works tri's already), back biceps, shoulders/abs, legs.
Squating and deadlifts already work your abs so switch it around a little to ensure you get enough rest.
Just focus on compound exercises which are the primary mass builders. I'd recommend most beginners to just follow a variation of strarting Strength.

Cedric
06-19-2013, 10:25 PM
bicep day, tricep day, no back day???? WTF.

I generally do chest/triceps (bench press works tri's already), back biceps, shoulders/abs, legs.
Squating and deadlifts already work your abs so switch it around a little to ensure you get enough rest.
Just focus on compound exercises which are the primary mass builders. I'd recommend most beginners to just follow a variation of strarting Strength.

I'm not exactly new to this.

koblenko
06-22-2013, 04:19 PM
I'm not exactly new to this.

I've read you don't train back, and have training days for biceps and triceps seperate?
You might not be new, but you could be training a lot more efficiently. The routine I've read is pretty much a curlbro routine.
tip: dutchbodybuilding.com

Cedric
06-22-2013, 04:27 PM
I've read you don't train back, and have training days for biceps and triceps seperate?
You might not be new, but you could be training a lot more efficiently. The routine I've read is pretty much a curlbro routine.
tip: dutchbodybuilding.com

Congratulations you've managed to critique my physique by reading what exercises I do (curlbro reference), how is efficiency even defined? Surely it's based upon the results you see, and I saw mine come the fastest with my current routine. You're welcome to compare my physique to people who do have back days though (or arms day as a whole).

koblenko
06-23-2013, 04:08 PM
Where did I critique you physique?
There's little to critique as you're lacking both a back and leg picture.. for obvious reasons?
In my opinion a balanced physique is achieved by not neglecting anything.
Back, legs; biggest body parts. Chest, triceps, biceps are smaller bodyparts and some would argue they don't even deserve a seperate training day.

Sure, you've grown a bit, you have a decent musculair physique with low bodyfat and that shows. You'll never look massive without training your back.
Just stick to compound movements. Build strength, a strong core, a wide, strong back and good legs (don't neglect your calves or you'll look like an idiot in a few years :p).

Not trying to flame you here but there's a lot of room for improvement, and the reason I'm typing all this is because I think it's very wrong to advise beginners to do such a split.

Aufi
07-10-2013, 04:52 PM
A question about skullcrushers.

I've seen a lot of different ways to do them. I see some people lowering the EZ-bar behind the head and some lowering it towards the skull (this one sounds more correct due to the name 'skull crushers' lol). Which one do you prefer, Ced?

Cedric
07-15-2013, 04:23 AM
A question about skullcrushers.

I've seen a lot of different ways to do them. I see some people lowering the EZ-bar behind the head and some lowering it towards the skull (this one sounds more correct due to the name 'skull crushers' lol). Which one do you prefer, Ced?

Personally I bring the bar towards my forehead, you can do it behind the head too but that just feels awkward for me.

Duane
07-15-2013, 04:38 AM
I think to also answer aufi's question is that some people (those having either long or short) bicep arms can be a factor

Idk I have long bicep heads and when I do them (cable or EZ bar) I do them behind my head cause it feels awkward bringing to my forehead. thats i guess my broscience on it

Aufi
07-15-2013, 01:32 PM
Thanks guys. I guess it's just preference then. I'll try both today :)

Aufi
07-15-2013, 04:35 PM
Sorry for the doublepost, but I've got another question :P

As for close grip bench press, should I have my hands as close together as possible, or have some space apart? Also, do I lower the bar closer to my chin or the center of my chest?

:)

Duane
07-15-2013, 05:36 PM
Sorry for the doublepost, but I've got another question :P

As for close grip bench press, should I have my hands as close together as possible, or have some space apart? Also, do I lower the bar closer to my chin or the center of my chest?

:)

The closer together you place your wrists, more tension on the wrists. Idk Cedrics preference, and Im sorry if this was just directed at him, but having your arms/wrists shoulder length has been shown to produce best effects while minimizing joint pain in lower palms and/or wrists.

When I do close grip bench, I much prefer a Smith machine. Reason being is because I normally hit chest/tri's on same day. So by part 2 of my workout my Tri's are more than warmed up and since close grip is near last for Triceps - I'm pretty fatigued by then and the Smith machine just helps me keep the tension and focus in my triceps and not in my shoulders or forearms since I'm a bit tired. Also...with smith machine you can easily have open palms instead of doing death grips trying to push a barbell up. :idk Anyways just my preference.

Also, for close-grip ideally you want to stop a couple inches right above your chest - which is why some people prefer doing this with a wooden block on their chest cause it's the right adaptation and it helps isolate tension only on the triceps. I hear the block placement is more of a mass-gaining technique but I think it works for strength as well.

---

Edit: Aufi, I'm sure you've found a pattern in working out in that most, if not all of it, is REALLY just preference. Everyone is so different, it just takes HELLA experimentation until you find what's right for YOU. Which is the reason I love weightlifting and have made it a hobby - the learning never ends and neither does the room for success or failure. There's literally no finish line, and once you feel you've crossed one - is when the gains start dropping :P

Aufi
07-15-2013, 05:44 PM
Thanks a bunch Duane. Any response from someone who has experience with this stuff is highly appreciated!

I was just worried that the way I've been doing my exercises are inefficient. I workout alone in my basement, so I usually have to learn by myself. It can be a real challenge sometimes, which is why I'm asking so many questions haha :)

Orders
07-20-2013, 07:44 PM
Thanks a bunch Duane. Any response from someone who has experience with this stuff is highly appreciated!

I was just worried that the way I've been doing my exercises are inefficient. I workout alone in my basement, so I usually have to learn by myself. It can be a real challenge sometimes, which is why I'm asking so many questions haha :)

Hey Aufi, the grip on the CGBP should be as wide that both of your palms are on each side of your body while at the bottom position of the lift.

Like this :

http://www.criticalbench.com/exercises/pics/close-grip-bench-press5.jpg

It puts the stress away from your wrists, allowing you to hit your triceps harder.

Also, try doing the CGBP on a slight decline so that your delts don't work as much, again allowing your triceps to be the main muscle used.

redrum297
09-02-2013, 06:55 PM
Sorry for the gravedig but you're clearly the one on RiD for this kind of thing.

Planning to start following this training programme when I head to Uni at the end of the month so can control my diet etc, was wondering if at some point you'd be in a position to post an average week's food intake?
Judging by the pictures you're ~8% body fat and I know you go for Intermittent Fasting, but if you'd be in a position to post a detailed (Or even not) food diary for even a few days I'd really be interested so I can start thinking about my diet.

Cheers bro.

Shrupreme Reader
09-03-2013, 04:12 PM
Sorry for the gravedig but you're clearly the one on RiD for this kind of thing.

Planning to start following this training programme when I head to Uni at the end of the month so can control my diet etc, was wondering if at some point you'd be in a position to post an average week's food intake?
Judging by the pictures you're ~8% body fat and I know you go for Intermittent Fasting, but if you'd be in a position to post a detailed (Or even not) food diary for even a few days I'd really be interested so I can start thinking about my diet.

Cheers bro.

Really any good carbs, like brown rice, brown bread, sweet potato will do for the carb side.
Protein wise you only need to hit about 1.5g of protein per kilo you weigh.

Now calorie intake wise it completely depends on your height, current weight, daily activity level and your target goal.
I would suggest a good protein like optimum nutrition.
Eating food while intermittent fasting can be hard as you only have 6 hours to eat 2000+ calories.
I myself have been eating about 4 home made chicken burgers along with muesli and other things to hit my daily calorie goals.

The Hodge twins which also do IF show themselves eating 2 or 3 burgers along with chips and a few protein shakes. I would say eat lean healthy meat which you enjoy along with your favourtie carbs.

Mechmeret
11-11-2013, 05:25 PM
Tl;dr:

Day1: Curls
Day2: Curls
Day3: Curls
Day4: Curls fo' da Gurls

Just kidding :love:

Mechmeret
12-11-2013, 02:44 PM
Vouch for this thread, did it for a week and got amazing results:

http://puu.sh/5DSRG

Twic
03-10-2014, 09:29 PM
wait a second brother..2 days triceps in a row:huh:

Cedric
03-10-2014, 09:41 PM
wait a second brother..2 days triceps in a row:huh:

That's a typo, in any case my routine has changed substantially since I last edited it. (will update soon) legs

Twic
03-10-2014, 09:47 PM
That's a typo, in any case my routine has changed substantially since I last edited it. (will update soon) legs

Thanks for the call Daniels ;)

Corey_
03-16-2014, 08:22 PM
Vouch for this thread, did it for a week and got amazing results:

Laughed pretty hard.

@OP, curious as to whether timeline matters a whole lot. I don't eat a 3 meals so I'm thinking of chasing the IF plan, however I usually go to the gym between 10-12pm. Does the scheduling come largely into play?

Rumo
07-29-2014, 09:07 AM
Hay Ced, over a year ago I read this thread and it motivated me to get fit.
Just thought I'd pop over and say thanks for taking the time to write this.

Aufi
07-29-2014, 11:48 AM
Hay Ced, over a year ago I read this thread and it motivated me to get fit.
Just thought I'd pop over and say thanks for taking the time to write this.

Welcome to the 'Get inspired by Ced' club :)

Cedric
10-06-2014, 10:47 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Ns8QKaS.jpg?1
Photo cropped to remove my face and pubic hair (lel), 6/10/14.

the virginator
10-06-2014, 10:52 AM
nice bathroom tiles

Cedric
10-06-2014, 10:54 AM
nice bathroom tiles

They really are quite nice to be perfectly honest.

the virginator
10-06-2014, 10:55 AM
They really are quite nice to be perfectly honest.

they look expensive :notbad

Cedric
10-06-2014, 10:56 AM
they look expensive :notbad

You bet your sweet ass they were expensive, but you know what you paid for when you're sitting on yours knees hunched over the toilet after a lads night out.

the virginator
10-06-2014, 10:59 AM
You bet your sweet ass they were expensive, but you know what you paid for when you're sitting on yours knees hunched over the toilet after a lads night out.

I think we all know that feeling a little bit too well :agog

Jon Snow
10-06-2014, 11:05 AM
Normally Alex is hunched over due to the brokeback cowboy behind him.

Orders
10-06-2014, 04:16 PM
Looking joocy man.

Twic
10-06-2014, 04:27 PM
Too much hair ./.

50ct22
10-06-2014, 04:41 PM
I would lick gravy from the crevices of Ralphie May's thighs to have a conversation with you over a syphilis ridden cell phone with bad reception.

dindu
10-06-2014, 11:52 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Ns8QKaS.jpg?1
Photo cropped to remove my face and pubic hair (lel), 6/10/14.

dat dere cell tech

Green Viper
10-14-2014, 06:30 AM
Looking good :thumbup

Garaa
12-15-2014, 04:25 PM
http://i61.tinypic.com/i3wfbl.jpg
Prepare yourself Cedric

Endy.
12-15-2014, 07:08 PM
Prepare yourself Cedric

That yoga ball squat in the first pic :agog

Twic
12-15-2014, 10:03 PM
Prepare yourself Cedric
:ohplz

yoga ballers, horsemasks fgt's, cardio fgt's, resolutioners, naysayers and mirers. We've seen them all

Garaa
12-16-2014, 02:15 AM
yoga ballers, horsemasks fgt's, cardio fgt's, resolutioners, naysayers and mirers. We've seen them all

You forgot the biggest fgt , guy in the /fit/ shirt aka Cedric.