PDA

View Full Version : Cedric's approach to bodybuilding

Pages : [1] 2

Cedric
09-22-2012, 07:12 PM
http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u487/CedZul/moti1_zps343b59d6.jpg

Alright gentlemen here I present to you my physique's bread and butter, the routine that I'm currently performing (optimized from personal experience since I started lifting). I've edited a couple of things that were changed since my last routine. I'm currently cutting also (caloric deficit).

My weight-lifting routine:

4-way split

The way I go about it is as the title suggest a 4-way split which means I will lift weights four times in a week. This is much less time consuming than working out everyday and much more effective because it gives the body time to recover, I'm rather occupied with my studies these days so I have to keep being extremely time-efficient. I usually lift about 45 minutes to 1 hour per session.

!!ABS!!

I train abs inbetween sets of bicep and tricep exercises and during rest days (that's why they say core), these are the exercises I perform:

- Sit-ups
- Bicycle Crunches
- Mountain-climbers / plank

Day 1: Triceps
Day 2: Rest/Core
Day 3: Biceps
Day 4: Rest/Core
Day 5: Chest / Legs / oblique
Day 6: Rest
Day 7: Triceps or Rest/core

You can of course switch up the training days to however you please, but make sure to have at least one day in between to avoid injury or not giving your muscle tissue enough time to recover.

Triceps Day:

- 3 sets of chair dips until failure each set.
Easy to perform and will give you a definite burning sensation. This is my warm-up exercise also, so it's not always just 3 sets, sometimes I'll do 4 or 5. I do them very slowly, I don't go for high rep count.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u487/CedZul/Chairdip_zpsd8de12a3.jpg

- 3 sets of close grip bench press (Barbell).
Until failure each set if you have a spotting partner, if you don't I recommend you don't go to failure. Again slow and controlled reps. (Usually 8-10)

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u487/CedZul/Closegripbenchpress_zpsb219fb99.gif

- 3 sets of skull crushers until failure each set. (EZ Curl Bar)
Try and leave as little time as possible between the sets without going under 7 reps per set, this will take some time to figure out and will change in time as well. Also use controlled movements to make sure you don't develop elbow tendonitis, feeling a sharp pain is a good indication that you need to slow down your upwards movement.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u487/CedZul/Skullcrusher_zpscbf670b6.gif

Chest/legs/oblique Day:

- 3 sets of wide grip pushups until failure.
I'm sure everyone knows how to do these, but to get the best muscle contraction try going down slow and exploding upwards.
I super-set these wide grip push-ups with olympic squats (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6u_rtRkiig). 3 sets of 15 reps (because I'm still working on my form)

- 3-4 sets of flat barbell bench-press until failure if you have spotting partner, if you don't I recommend you don't go to failure as this might cause serious injuries.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u487/CedZul/Widegripbenchpress_zpsd0cb2f81.gif

I super-set these with dumbbell side bends, I do these for the same amount of sets as my flat bench press and until failure.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u487/CedZul/dumbbellsidebend_zpsb9f50ace.gif

- 3 sets of Incline bench press until failure if you have spotting partner, if you don't I recommend you don't go to failure as this might cause serious injuries.
Same principle though I bring the barbell closer to my chin than my nipple to work the upper chest. (And of course the bench you're on is set to incline)

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u487/CedZul/Inclinebenchpress_zps816661ed.gif

Biceps day:

- 3 sets of standing bicep curls until failure. (barbell)
Slow motion with full range, if you have to mess up your form a little to squeeze out a fraction of a rep, you should within reason.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u487/CedZul/standingbarbellcurl_zpsf1329573.gif

- 3 sets of close grip chin/pull ups until failure, with an under the bar grip (look at hands in the picture)

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u487/CedZul/chinups_zps4cc8ddaf.jpg

- 3 sets of hammer curls until failure each set. (dumbbells)

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u487/CedZul/hammercurls_zps6b80d6d1.gif

- 3 sets of concentration curls until failure. I drop-set these too get that extra pump.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u487/CedZul/concentrationcurls_zps99cd1c70.gif

Cardiovascular routine:

I can't do HIIT because of my shin splints so this routine is outdated, I merely do slow-paced cardio (running) on rest days for about 45 minutes and will start swimming soon.

As of now it's a mix between HIIT and regular long slow paced cardiovascular activity. I do HIIT on non-lifting days and the latter on the days when I do. I only go running for my cardio, bicycling and the like are just too boring for my taste.

Day 1: Slow paced cardio
Day 2: HIIT
Day 3: HIIT
Day 4: Slow paced cardio
Day 5: HIIT
Day 6: Slow paced cardio
Day 7: HIIT

If you're wondering what HIIT is it's a form of cardiovascular exercise with short bursts of activity instead of the traditional slow-paced cardio. It is the perfect tool for fat burning and I will explain why. Basically, the short bursts of energy characteristic of non-steady-state activities normally require some kind of metabolic pathway. These little pathways are going to do something that's called ATP degradation (into ADP). Once you've got this ADP in yo body your gonna want to recreate that ATP but for that your need phosphocreatine plus the breakdown of glucose into pyruvic acid. If you don't happen to have oxygen available at this time this will become an anearobic reaction resulting in lactate (muscle cramps and whatnot). Thus the body is going to have to dispose of this lactate and rephosphorylate the creatine and ADP. This will ultimately result in EPOC (increased oxygen consumption) 16 hours after your work-out resulting in greater fat loss.

How I go about my HIIT sessions:

I run at jogging speed for about 5 minutes to warm up.

Start sprinting for 30 seconds at 100%
Start jogging/walking for 30 seconds.
Start sprinting for 30 seconds at 95%
Start jogging/walking for 30 seconds.
Start sprinting for 30 seconds at 95%

The whole process of sprinting and jogging (1 minute) is repeated 12 TIMES!
*There are handy apps for HIIT exercise (Gym Boss for the Iphone and HIIT for Android)

Nutrition/supplementation:

To get the best out of your bodybuilding experience and gain the quickest results you have to be able to control yourself by not eating or drinking certain foods/beverages.
I go about it like this:

- I only drink water (with the monthly exception of alcohol at parties).
- I don't eat sweets like candybars, chocolate or any of the like.
- I don't eat pasta, rice and white bread or at least avoid them as much as I can.

I only eat between 1 and 5 PM (4-hour) window, I've written up a thread on why I do this and why I believe it's the fastest way too lose bodyfat. (http://www.robotzindisguise.com/forum/showthread.php?19009-Weight-loss-Intermittent-Fasting&highlight)

As far as supplements go I take a pre-workout and whey protein, I've tried out fair few pre-workouts and only found Craze by Driven Sports to be an effective one. For my protein needs I take 100% Gold Standard whey by optimum nutrition which in my eyes is the best price/value whey protein you can find on the market as of now.

I take my protein only on lifting days and right after (1-2 hours) my lifting session for optimal protein synthesis.

So pre-workout: Craze by Driven Sports
(* I've tried: Jack3d, ON pre-platinum, hemo-rage black, Assault also)
protein: Gold Standard Whey by Optimum Nutrition.

Constructive criticism, suggestions and questions are always welcome :thumbup

TL;DR Acquire AESTHETICS
http://puu.sh/17z3Lhttp://puu.sh/2thdi
http://puu.sh/2syQV

C0N0R
09-22-2012, 07:13 PM
Cool story bro :troll

Cedric
09-22-2012, 07:17 PM
Cool story bro :troll

You don't wanna get big conor ? :troll

C0N0R
09-22-2012, 07:19 PM
You don't wanna get big conor ? :troll

I do, but i need a structured workout. Once i get my license i really would like to start hitting them gym. Get it in ~3 weeks.
I started cutting back on a lot of the junk food i used to eat, and ive already lost ~8 pounds in a week. So i figure diet until i can gym, then diet and gym :fap

Jason..
09-22-2012, 07:30 PM
sexy cedric +1

RiD
09-22-2012, 08:16 PM
I'm just curious about the intermittent fasting, is that something you do constantly or just when you want to cut down bodyfat?
Do you not feel a bit weird or groggy if you haven't eaten in that long?
And are you going through bulking and cutting cycles, or is your diet and training pretty stable?

Can't really criticize this workout, sounds legit, a lot of cardio in there, definitely can't argue with the results.
Was wondering about the slow paced cardio too, what do you do and for how long?

Thanks for sharing :thumbup

Cedric
09-22-2012, 09:05 PM
I'm just curious about the intermittent fasting, is that something you do constantly or just when you want to cut down bodyfat?
Do you not feel a bit weird or groggy if you haven't eaten in that long?
And are you going through bulking and cutting cycles, or is your diet and training pretty stable?

Can't really criticize this workout, sounds legit, a lot of cardio in there, definitely can't argue with the results.
Was wondering about the slow paced cardio too, what do you do and for how long?

Thanks for sharing :thumbup

I do it constantly, it started out as a way to lose bodyfat but I find it's much easier to maintain a healthy lifestyle that way.
Actually I feel better on an empty stomach then I do on a full one, and I find that fasting for 20 hours really isn't that big of a deal anymore although it used to be at first.
My diet and training is pretty stable, it might change in the future but for now I'm sticking to my current plan because it's worked wonders so far but anything can change I guess.

Running, I tend to go for about 40 minutes to half an hour of steadily paced jogging :)

jakeomatic
09-23-2012, 01:06 AM
I figure it's time to share my approach to bodybuilding with you guys. I'm currently doing the most effective method of training that I've ever done and it's been giving me decent results. Before I get into this I want you to know that you might not agree with my method of training, this is fine but please don't hate in the comment section because I don't do legs or rows etc...

:livid

b004u
09-23-2012, 04:15 AM
I only eat between 1 and 5 PM (4-hour) window, I've written up a thread on why I do this and why I believe it's the fastest way too lose bodyfat.

okay.. I.F seems very scary though i am a beginner. I just wanted to know how are you able to eat between the 4 hour window? how much calories are you having per a day?

i notice if i don't eat for a long period of time , lets say i tried I.F, and what i experience is growling stomach, headaches and such.. is this bad?

and wont starving yourself cause muscle loss?

Cedric
09-23-2012, 04:28 AM
okay.. I.F seems very scary though i am a beginner. I just wanted to know how are you able to eat between the 4 hour window? how much calories are you having per a day?

i notice if i don't eat for a long period of time , lets say i tried I.F, and what i experience is growling stomach, headaches and such.. is this bad?

and wont starving yourself cause muscle loss?

I get about 2000 calories per day, and I really don't have to put much effort in at all really :)

No it won't cause muscle loss, but headaches are never a good thing you can try it for a week and see if the headaches subside, otherwise I.F. might not be for you ! :)

b004u
09-23-2012, 04:29 AM
I get about 2000 calories per day, and I really don't have to put much effort in at all really :)

No it won't cause muscle loss, but headaches are never a good thing you can try it for a week and see if the headaches subside, otherwise I.F. might not be for you ! :)

i think because i wasn't eating enough calories?

but how do you possible eat 2k calories in 4 hour window?

every hour your consuming 500 calories ?

Cedric
09-23-2012, 04:31 AM
i think because i wasn't eating enough calories?

but how do you possible eat 2k calories in 4 hour window?

every hour your consuming 500 calories ?

Well sometimes yes, but most days I just have two meals that are about 1000 calories each, I don't really go through the trouble of counting all the calories I kind of make a rough estimate :) Could be the fact that you haven't eaten enough yes but it's unlikely.

b004u
09-23-2012, 04:32 AM
Well sometimes yes, but most days I just have two meals that are about 1000 calories each, I don't really go through the trouble of counting all the calories I kind of make a rough estimate :) Could be the fact that you haven't eaten enough yes but it's unlikely.

i could probably pull it off...
can i do a 4 hour window at any time?

instead of 12 to 5 , i do a 8am to 1pm?

Cedric
09-23-2012, 04:34 AM
i could probably pull it off...
can i do a 4 hour window at any time?

instead of 12 to 5 , i do a 8am to 1pm?

Yes you can but seeing as you're pretty much a beginner you can start out with a less narrow window like a 6-8 hour window, this will also prove to be effective.

b004u
09-23-2012, 04:58 AM
Yes you can but seeing as you're pretty much a beginner you can start out with a less narrow window like a 6-8 hour window, this will also prove to be effective.

well yeah i am but i can just do a 12-5 and take it like a man :lol

whats your diet like? carbs fat protein etc

KEVlN
09-23-2012, 05:07 AM
Hope im not gonna bother with this, but what do you recommend as calorie intake/day and /meal?im 5'8(73 inches) 155lbs. and any specific meals on rest days/workout days? i have been confused by other professional nutritioners and you made a really good thread and would rather hear what you have to say. if i do begin this i will take a pic pre-workout and take a pic bi-weekly. also what do you suggest for abdomen fat burning/cutting? Thanks for any help! :p

Cedric
09-23-2012, 12:55 PM
Hope im not gonna bother with this, but what do you recommend as calorie intake/day and /meal?im 5'8(73 inches) 155lbs. and any specific meals on rest days/workout days? i have been confused by other professional nutritioners and you made a really good thread and would rather hear what you have to say. if i do begin this i will take a pic pre-workout and take a pic bi-weekly. also what do you suggest for abdomen fat burning/cutting? Thanks for any help! :p

Thanks for reading, anyhow your caloric intake doesn't solely depend on your height and bodyweight there is also your metabolism and level of exercise to take into account, so you really have to try some things out and work it out for yourself. However to get a ballpark of where you should be looking here is a handy calculator (http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm) for it.

Your meals on resting days and lifting days should be the pretty much the same actually, try and get as much of your daily caloric needs from lean foods like chicken, veal or tuna.

Well actually I've been burning off fat from my abdomen for the past two months and I know it can be a very stubborn area to burn fat mainly because it's usually the last place you'll have it. You will be able to burn off that fat via traditional fat loss methods but those will take much longer than taking off other area's of fat. However if you want to burn it rather quickly you should consider implementing HIIT & I.F. (see thread) in your workout/nutrition routine.

Hope this helps :)

b004u
09-24-2012, 03:56 AM
so you eat from 12 to 5 hour window...

do you take your protein shakes before you work out and after you work out outside within the 12-5 window?

Rhythm.
09-24-2012, 03:58 AM
fuckin weak http://cdn****megenerator.net/instances/250x250/23920238.jpg

Auto
09-24-2012, 04:04 AM
You don't eat rice? I normally have chicken and brown rice daily, i've heard great things from it. I'm not trying to cut down on fat, i'm trying to keep and maintain a healthy and strict diet. It's hard to bulk up and eat healthy :why

Cedric
09-24-2012, 10:00 AM
so you eat from 12 to 5 hour window...

do you take your protein shakes before you work out and after you work out outside within the 12-5 window?

After my workout within the 4 hour window.

fuckin weak http://cdn****megenerator.net/instances/250x250/23920238.jpg

Lol if it was that bad I'd do legs.

You don't eat rice? I normally have chicken and brown rice daily, i've heard great things from it. I'm not trying to cut down on fat, i'm trying to keep and maintain a healthy and strict diet. It's hard to bulk up and eat healthy :why

Actually not all types of rice are bad there are a few exceptions with weird names, I just never get around to buying them :)

Cedric
09-24-2012, 10:02 AM
Sorry double post, my bad :jackiechan

Cedric
09-25-2012, 10:18 PM
Bump, be sure to shred yourselves guys it's almost beach season :troll

Cedric
10-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Bump, Dorian's thread about buying condoms is in the way. :facepalm

Jason..
10-05-2012, 06:10 PM
:lol .

Nocte
10-05-2012, 06:38 PM
I'm not flaming/trolling but why don't you do legs? I'm genuinely curious

Rhythm.
10-05-2012, 06:42 PM
http://trollable.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Friends-dont-let-friends.jpg

Cedric
10-05-2012, 06:49 PM
I'm not flaming/trolling but why don't you do legs? I'm genuinely curious

I've played football for most of my teenage life and I feel that it's not necessary because I'm still in proportion, also leg days would render me unable to do HIIT so frequently :)

Nocte
10-05-2012, 07:12 PM
You would think that but I played college football and I know what its like. just take one of your off days and make it a leg day and run BEFORE you work out. After a month or 2 you will get used to it and that way you'll at least get 1 leg day in a week. It doesnt have to be anything crazy like 500 LBS squats but every little thing counts. Thats what I would do, just my humble opinion. Unfortunately I had surgery yesterday and have a drain sticking out my lower back otherwise I would probably be lifting right now

Duane
10-05-2012, 07:14 PM
You would think that but I played college football and I know what its like. just take one of your off days and make it a leg day and run BEFORE you work out.

Problem with that is that he'll be sore in the legs a few days AFTERWARDS and he'll still be trying to hit HIIT with the soreness...I've tried to do both and I couldn't, so I said screw HIIT - I train my legs

I think honestly unless you're putting on mass, HIIT is a nice substitution for leg days, especially if he decides to mix it up and do some suicide stair-stepping here and there too

Nocte
10-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Problem with that is that he'll be sore in the legs a few days AFTERWARDS and he'll still be trying to hit HIIT with the soreness...I've tried to do both and I couldn't, so I said screw HIIT - I train my legs

I think honestly unless you're putting on mass, HIIT is a nice substitution for leg days, especially if he decides to mix it up and do some suicide stair-stepping here and there too
True but that's where very sketchy sups come into play...lol joking but a good glutamine sup will fix that right up

kathoreas
10-05-2012, 08:11 PM
u need to focus more on the whole body, not just arms and chest. try and work on upper and lower back, shoulders, abs (3x week), legs, etc. yes i know that you said to not hate on your routine, but i'm just speaking from experience. everythings connected. working shoulders/upper back helps bench and helps prevent injuries, etc

also doing heavy compound lifts like squat/deadlift will actually make your other lifts go up faster

Kolii
10-07-2012, 02:18 PM
Couldn't find the iPhone app you've recommended for HIIT. The app "Interval Timer - For Fitness and Workouts" by developers "Deltaworks" seems relatively good.

Cedric
10-07-2012, 06:28 PM
u need to focus more on the whole body, not just arms and chest. try and work on upper and lower back, shoulders, abs (3x week), legs, etc. yes i know that you said to not hate on your routine, but i'm just speaking from experience. everythings connected. working shoulders/upper back helps bench and helps prevent injuries, etc

also doing heavy compound lifts like squat/deadlift will actually make your other lifts go up faster

Don't worry I have decent understanding of the physiology and anatomy of the human body :thumbup

And Kolii I wouldn't know if they removed it but it defintely wasn't easy to find for me either, but yours might actually be better than the one I'm using. So could you tell me if you can hear the sounds that marks the end of an interval through your music ?

Kolii
10-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Don't worry I have decent understanding of the physiology and anatomy of the human body :thumbup

And Kolii I wouldn't know if they removed it but it defintely wasn't easy to find for me either, but yours might actually be better than the one I'm using. So could you tell me if you can hear the sounds that marks the end of an interval through your music ?
just tested it then... I think it depends on how loud the song is but it also vibrates so if it's strapped to your arm you shouldn't miss it. Mind you, I'm not actually doing the HIIT at the moment... I'll give you an update when i start using it next week.

Cedric
10-09-2012, 10:49 PM
just tested it then... I think it depends on how loud the song is but it also vibrates so if it's strapped to your arm you shouldn't miss it. Mind you, I'm not actually doing the HIIT at the moment... I'll give you an update when i start using it next week.

The fact that it vibrates probably already makes it a better app but before I edit the OP I will test it out for myself, thanks for the input bro :thumbup

Cedric
10-13-2012, 07:51 PM
BUMP
http://puu.sh/1enva + http://puu.sh/1e106 = :megusta

b004u
10-13-2012, 07:52 PM
Will you take dat dere cell tech?

:lol

Cedric
10-13-2012, 07:53 PM
Will you take dat dere cell tech?

:lol

Cell tech? :wut

b004u
10-13-2012, 07:54 PM
Cell tech? :wut
:yes

:nowai

Solar
10-13-2012, 08:18 PM
Nice looking steak. :)

Melanie Iglesias
10-14-2012, 05:23 PM
It seems like you know what your doing, my only complaint, unless i completely missed something is, where are the squats, deadlifts, and cleans and other various back/shoulder/and trap workouts?

Just glancing over the workout, it looks as though you are more "show then go" in the sense, look good and look strong, but your not able to do any impressive lifts. Now this might not be the case at all, and i am only judging this off of your workout schedule and the workouts you do.

But if its working, keep it up :thumbup

Cedric
10-14-2012, 05:27 PM
It seems like you know what your doing, my only complaint, unless i completely missed something is, where are the squats, deadlifts, and cleans and other various back/shoulder/and trap workouts?

Just glancing over the workout, it looks as though you are more "show then go" in the sense, look good and look strong, but your not able to do any impressive lifts. Now this might not be the case at all, and i am only judging this off of your workout schedule and the workouts you do.

But if its working, keep it up :thumbup

You're right I don't do back/traps/shoulder specific exercises, the reason for that is I don't really feel the need to because those are naturally pretty well developed on me and will somehow always end up being training in the process of my other exercises anyway. As for the heavy lifts, from what I've read on the forums my curls aren't that much compared to other people (e.g: barbell 40-45kg - 12 reps) but my flat bench press is close to 220 lbs so yeah :)

Melanie Iglesias
10-14-2012, 05:33 PM
You're right I don't do back/traps/shoulder specific exercises, the reason for that is I don't really feel the need to because those are naturally pretty well developed on me and will somehow always end up being training in the process of my other exercises anyway. As for the heavy lifts, from what I've read on the forums my curls aren't that much compared to other people (e.g: barbell 40-45kg - 12 reps) but my flat bench press is close to 220 lbs so yeah :)

Well that's awesome then, i wasn't sure if i was coming off as a dick saying it but i just wanted to include what i thought. As for me, i am huge on including a power lift on each day i workout and those are really the only numbers i keep track of

Anubis
10-14-2012, 06:19 PM
:hmm very interesting

Cedric
10-14-2012, 06:20 PM
:hmm very interesting

Why did you pick my thread for your troll, I will never forgive you :notok

Cedric
10-17-2012, 11:15 PM
BUMP

Too make this less of a content-less post, I puked after my HIIT session today. #hardcoremofo

Cedric
10-25-2012, 10:57 PM
Bump for science, bodybuilding science that is :megusta

Loca People
10-29-2012, 10:38 PM
Is this the iPhone app you mentioned?

http://gyazo.com/c9dd3ad116fd17b0efa20353df26ff77.png?1351546835

LSU
10-29-2012, 10:59 PM
HITT seems very similar to what we did for practice on my highschool track team. I remember the first year we started doing it was also the first time I threw up while running :lol

Cedric
10-30-2012, 12:05 AM
Is this the iPhone app you mentioned?

http://gyazo.com/c9dd3ad116fd17b0efa20353df26ff77.png?1351546835

Err nope but that looks like it might work as well :P

Loca People
10-30-2012, 12:31 AM
Err nope but that looks like it might work as well :P

ahh, that's the only one they had called 'gym boss' aha.
i'll look for smth else before i pay 3 quid for it :ok

Orders
10-30-2012, 12:32 AM
ahh, that's the only one they had called 'gym boss' aha.
i'll look for smth else before i pay 3 quid for it :ok

Look up "IntervalTimer" if you have apple , does the trick for me and it's free :thumbup

Loca People
10-30-2012, 12:34 AM
Look up "IntervalTimer" if you have apple , does the trick for me and it's free :thumbup

yh i think i've found it ^^ not sure though aha

http://gyazo.com/6b58e6ddd6c16affec5fcc216cb42507.png?1351553809

Cedric
10-30-2012, 12:40 AM
Lol yeah that's the one dude, you're ready to rock :D

Green Viper
10-30-2012, 05:09 PM
Would you recommend this for someone who is skinny trying to gain weight and bulk up?

Cedric
10-30-2012, 06:22 PM
Would you recommend this for someone who is skinny trying to gain weight and bulk up?

If you're skinny and you are a hardgainer I would probably not recommend doing as much cardio as I do, but the exercises in the lifting section of the thread are definitely good for you :)

Rhythm.
11-05-2012, 12:08 AM
took cedrics up to date picture at the gym
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/02_02/TinyDumbsBAR1202_468x679.jpg

Cedric
11-08-2012, 10:11 PM
Might be editing the chest section after I've tried out some new exercises, my shoulder is healing up nicely and I'm my shins are so-so :P

Will get back to lifting soon, for now it's only ab workouts and 2 hour I.F. windows :)
Also, platinum pre still hasn't arrived :acrid

Cedric
11-09-2012, 01:50 PM
Alright guys, great news!

Platinum-pre arrived, though not quite as filled as I would have hoped but let's disregard that little inconvenience. I'll write up a little review asap!
http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u487/CedZul/IMG_1369.jpg
http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u487/CedZul/IMG_1370.jpg

Cedric
11-10-2012, 11:48 PM
The last two weeks I've been out of the game and so I've found myself in a bit of a quandary, diagnosed with shin splints syndrome and an inflamed tendon in my shoulder. In these past weeks I have also received a lot of negative feedback from those very close to me mainly regarding my arm size. I took a good look in the mirror and came to the realization that they are right. Also I feel my arms are too big for my chest at the moment, with that in mind I will proceed to do a chest-only bulk until such time that I deem my chest proportional to my arm size.

My goal was always to be aesthetic which can be linked to mostly but not only zyzz, I never wanted to be a true bodybuilder in the sense that bigger is always better. Considering that original intent, I feel like I have strayed from that path. That's why I've decided that after I put that mass on my chest I will no longer be looking to add anymore inches of muscle onto my body and therefore I will not be continuing doing the current work-out routine in the OP. I will switch over to a routine that will maintain my muscle mass and acquire maximum definition while keeping a comfortable lifestyle.

Once I have figured out the perfect routine for said goal I will edit it into the OP and label it as such. I hope you guys will gain a lot of muscle from the workout currently featured because it is by far the best routine I have ever put together and has gotten me far better results in much less time than any other one I executed/put together in the past.

I will be posting some new chest exercises pretty soon.

Cheers, Ced :)

Cedric
11-22-2012, 08:13 PM
Getting shredded is so much fun, fuark. BUMP
http://puu.sh/1t7Xa
http://upload.tinychat.com/ss3f/028e33/55/beefcerk/ridtinychat/11-21-2012.jpg

Orders
11-22-2012, 08:16 PM
Getting shredded is so much fun, fuark. BUMP
http://puu.sh/1t7Xa
http://upload.tinychat.com/ss3f/028e33/55/beefcerk/ridtinychat/11-21-2012.jpg

What meat is that ? Looks good , Arnold :mmm

Cedric
11-22-2012, 08:18 PM
What meat is that ? Looks good , Arnold :mmm

My favourite meat in the whole world, chicken cutlet :sweetjesus :megusta

Diesal
11-23-2012, 07:14 PM
My favourite meat in the whole world, chicken cutlet :sweetjesus :megusta

The cure for shin splints syndrome is to train your tibialis anterior with a tibialis trainer or just a dumbbell. You're welcome.

BlackHazard
11-29-2012, 06:02 PM
http://puu.sh/17z3Lhttp://upload.tinychat.com/ss3f/028e33/55/beefcerk/ridtinychat/11-21-2012.jpg

http://www****mes.at/faces/boobs.jpg

Mechmeret
11-29-2012, 06:17 PM
http://www****mes.at/faces/boobs.jpg

I've got all the steam games in your signature at my steam account :megusta

Anyways, On topic: I'm going to give your routine a shot Cedric and post my results :thumbup

Cedric
11-29-2012, 06:20 PM
Looking forward Mech, good luck :)

Orders
11-29-2012, 06:30 PM
Starting this routine Monday 3rd :megusta

Mechmeret
11-29-2012, 06:41 PM
Starting this routine Monday 3rd :megusta

Everyone starts when Mechmeret Starts :fyeah

Cedric
12-04-2012, 06:30 PM
It's that time of year again boys, winter has come but when other people are bulking I'm getting shredded on my cut.
http://puu.sh/1x5E0
Mmmm green food! :megusta

nJoyo
12-04-2012, 07:31 PM
I don't see no picture. :D

Cedric
12-04-2012, 07:37 PM
I don't see no picture. :D

You can't see the pic of my meal ? :notrust (Is it a little square?)

Iron Rain
12-04-2012, 08:04 PM
How are you cooking that chicken?

I just need to do more cardio. :bored

Duane
12-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Here's my chicken I eat now
http://www.grubgrade.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Chick-fil-A-Spicy-Chicken-Sandwich.jpg

cause Im a man

Cedric
12-04-2012, 08:11 PM
How are you cooking that chicken?

I just need to do more cardio. :bored

> Electric plate has 9 levels (9 being the hottest), turn on and put on level 7.
> Melt some butter up in there, manually spread it out.
> When butter is fully melted and you have a nice layer of bubbling golden put your chicken breast/cutlet in there.
> Season it with barbecue seasoning (or whatever you please). Let it rest for 4 minutes.
> Flip it over and season it again, wait about 4 minutes.
> Flip it a grand total of 4 times. (Seasonings only on first two flips)
> When your last flip is done get a lid ready. Now get your pan to think sink and spray some cold water (not too much) in the pan.
> This will create a lot of steam so put the lid over it.
> Put the plate on level 4 and put the pan back on it
> Let it rest for 3 maybe 4 minutes.

TA-DA, delicious and tender chicken :megusta

the virginator
12-04-2012, 08:18 PM
you should use olive oil instead of butter

Cedric
12-04-2012, 08:19 PM
you should use olive oil instead of butter

I really should but I always forget about it, and it just doesn't get the meat looking as good ;)

the virginator
12-04-2012, 08:21 PM
I really should but I always forget about it, and it just doesn't get the meat looking as good ;)

a proper chef would use olive oil to get the chicken much nicer looking and tastier :rich
btw with your guide you're at risk of making the chicken dry

Iron Rain
12-04-2012, 09:45 PM
> Electric plate has 9 levels (9 being the hottest), turn on and put on level 7.
> Melt some butter up in there, manually spread it out.
> When butter is fully melted and you have a nice layer of bubbling golden put your chicken breast/cutlet in there.
> Season it with barbecue seasoning (or whatever you please). Let it rest for 4 minutes.
> Flip it over and season it again, wait about 4 minutes.
> Flip it a grand total of 4 times. (Seasonings only on first two flips)
> When your last flip is done get a lid ready. Now get your pan to think sink and spray some cold water (not too much) in the pan.
> This will create a lot of steam so put the lid over it.
> Put the plate on level 4 and put the pan back on it
> Let it rest for 3 maybe 4 minutes.

TA-DA, delicious and tender chicken :megusta

Sounds good. :D

Gen-RiD
12-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Ced how do I get big arms like this.. :pf http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4557/article220205414f953190.jpg

Mechmeret
12-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Ced how do I get big arms like this.. :pf http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4557/article220205414f953190.jpg

Steroiiiiiids

Mechmeret
12-05-2012, 01:14 PM
It's that time of year again boys, winter has come but when other people are bulking I'm getting shredded on my cut.
http://puu.sh/1x5E0
Mmmm green food! :megusta

Fucking made me hungry. I got into a fight and fucked up right arm up pretty bad... no working out for Mech for a few weeks :notok

Cedric
01-03-2013, 05:03 PM
http://puu.sh/1IXtc

Jelly of my total stack?

Bigvlad
01-03-2013, 06:01 PM

Jelly of my total stack?

ah old jack3d:mmm

Cedric
01-04-2013, 01:39 AM
ah old jack3d:mmm

The tub is still filled halfway, I might start using it again. I forgot I still even had it, opened my drawer and poof there it was, it's really fun to find things you forgot. Gif related it's MFW.
http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u487/CedZul/awesome_zps36fd7ee1.gif

Diesal
01-04-2013, 05:12 AM

Jelly of my total stack?

Look at you and your cash!

crossfire
01-04-2013, 08:19 AM
Not a great idea to fast like that tbh, but your workouts seem pretty solid. I do similar bodyweight exercises on my rest(ish) days. Make sure to switch up your exercises every now and then so you don't get used to it and continue to gain muscle fast. :thumbup

Cedric
01-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Look at you and your cash!

Actually those have accumulated over the course of 2 years :P

Not a great idea to fast like that tbh, but your workouts seem pretty solid. I do similar bodyweight exercises on my rest(ish) days. Make sure to switch up your exercises every now and then so you don't get used to it and continue to gain muscle fast. :thumbup

And why would that be?

Tenor
01-11-2013, 04:37 AM
tl;dr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE8q0JiR7Dc

Eat 900g of protein. Gain muscle. :troll

Cedric
01-11-2013, 09:26 PM
Weekly bodybuilding tip:

High reps low weight sets on the flat bench-press will result in god tier delts.
http://images.wikia.com/creepypasta/images/7/7c/Themoreyouknow.jpg

RiD
01-11-2013, 09:31 PM
Weekly bodybuilding tip:

High reps low weight sets on the flat bench-press will result in god tier delts.
http://images.wikia.com/creepypasta/images/7/7c/Themoreyouknow.jpg

Was shoulders day today, and I decided funnily enough to do some flat bench with slightly lower weight than normal, because I'm not gonna be able to train chest this weekend. But I may do it again some time, is good for the shoulders for sure, if you take a wide grip with elbows out.

Cedric
01-11-2013, 09:35 PM
Was shoulders day today, and I decided funnily enough to do some flat bench with slightly lower weight than normal, because I'm not gonna be able to train chest this weekend. But I may do it again some time, is good for the shoulders for sure, if you take a wide grip with elbows out.

I always do out for my warm-up sets (2) and there's really nothing quite like it except for maybe rear delt flies, but I don't like those as much :)

Cedric
01-19-2013, 12:30 AM
Guess what :mmm
http://puu.sh/1PrOp

Diesal
01-19-2013, 07:05 PM
Guess what :mmm
http://puu.sh/1PrOp

Don't die.

Cedric
01-19-2013, 07:07 PM
Don't die.
I'll try not too lol, how much do you take ?

Bigvlad
01-20-2013, 12:40 AM

hemorage has good advertising but it wasnt so strong as i expected

Diesal
01-20-2013, 01:44 AM

I took 1.5 scoops once on a near-empty stomach and I stayed up for 48 hours by no choice of my own, so now I never take more than 1 scoop.

Bigvlad
01-20-2013, 11:23 AM
I took 1.5 scoops once on a near-empty stomach and I stayed up for 48 hours by no choice of my own, so now I never take more than 1 scoop.

wow i wish i would feel the same, i have to take 3+ to feel something

Solar
01-20-2013, 01:04 PM

That's quite something. I'm starting to consider getting some pre-workout stuff now.

Cedric
01-20-2013, 01:06 PM
wow i wish i would feel the same, i have to take 3+ to feel something

With Black-hemo rage? Because I can take 3 scoops of craze and feel less than 1 scoop of this.

Orders
01-20-2013, 01:08 PM
With Black-hemo rage? Because I can take 3 scoops of craze and feel less than 1 scoop of this.

:plotting: Damn it must be some real potent stuff

Bigvlad
01-20-2013, 05:31 PM

yea black one, i dont why maybe i have high tolerance on coffein

Diesal
01-21-2013, 06:17 AM
yea black one, i dont why maybe i have high tolerance on coffein

I have low tolerance for BS, I swear that taking 3 scoops of this stuff will kill an average 170lb person. You've either never took the ultra concentrate before or did it on a full stomach. This stuff is banned in certain places for a reason.

b004u
01-22-2013, 07:03 AM
All these excerises that you posted, can they all be done in the gym?

Cedric
01-23-2013, 02:42 PM
All these excerises that you posted, can they all be done in the gym?

Of course they can.

Also cutting update:
Things have picked up since the travesty of the holidays :D
http://puu.sh/1Rw11

Mechmeret
01-23-2013, 02:45 PM
Of course they can.

Also cutting update:
Things have picked up since the travesty of the holidays :D
http://puu.sh/1Rw11

Great body... you ought to work out your legs a bit as well though, even though we cant even see them at this pic lulz. I always take two rounds at both the machines designed to train the upper and lower leg muscles when I'm too tired to do any further upper body exercises, makes a great difference.

Also, how long have you been hitting the gym, and how long is your average session?

Cedric
01-23-2013, 02:47 PM
Great body... you ought to work out your legs a bit as well though, even though we cant even see them at this pic lulz. I always take two rounds at both the machines designed to train the upper and lower leg muscles when I'm too tired to do any further upper body exercises, makes a great difference.

Also, how long have you been hitting the gym, and how long is your average session?

I'll do legs in the future but only for definition, not for mass. Have been hitting da gym since feb 2010 but have only had a serious split since march 2012, my average session is 60 minutes :)

Shadowmarkus
01-23-2013, 02:48 PM
You have a really really weird program. There are so many muscles you don't even workout.. And you don't workout legs at all... And your exercises are super odd. Also, working chest, triceps, and biceps on separate days could hardly be considered a 3 day split.

Cedric
01-23-2013, 02:51 PM
You have a really really weird program. There are so many muscles you don't even workout.. And you don't workout legs at all... And your exercises are super odd. Also, working chest, triceps, and biceps on separate days could hardly be considered a 3 day split.

Yeah I still have to move around a couple of things in the OP that I've changed since I've written it.

> so many muscles you don't even workout
like?

> no legs
conscious choice

Shadowmarkus
01-23-2013, 02:55 PM
Yeah I still have to move around a couple of things in the OP that I've changed since I've written it.

> so many muscles you don't even workout
like?

> no legs
conscious choice

Well, skipping your leg workout is a big no no. First of all, it will fuck up your potential for aesthetics bigtime.

Secondly, your legs contain the biggest mucles in your body. Working them as well will increase your testosterone levels, which will benefit your entire body, muscle wise.

And (based on your op), you don't hit shoulders, nor do you hit back or abs.

Also, unless I misunderstood your post, you do cardio every day? Unless you're a marathon runner or some kind of professional athlete I see no reason for this.

Cedric
01-23-2013, 02:58 PM
Well, skipping your leg workout is a big no no. First of all, it will fuck up your potential for aesthetics bigtime.

Secondly, your legs contain the biggest mucles in your body. Working them as well will increase your testosterone levels, which will benefit your entire body, muscle wise.

And (based on your op), you don't hit shoulders, nor do you hit back or abs.

Also, unless I misunderstood your post, you do cardio every day? Unless you're a marathon runner or some kind of professional athlete I see no reason for this.

I am well aware of the hormonal differences for people who do an don't work-out legs, as I've said it's a choice I've made. Aesthetics is not a exact term, it's different for everyone, and as for as my image of the perfect male body goes well giant legs aren't a part of it.

I don't hit shoulders, back or abs but yet I've acquired some pretty juicy delts (or so I've been told) crazy huh?

Cardio erryday! Well I used to, until it started snowing :(

Shadowmarkus
01-23-2013, 03:06 PM
I am well aware of the hormonal differences for people who do an don't work-out legs, as I've said it's a choice I've made. Aesthetics is not a exact term, it's different for everyone, and as for as my image of the perfect male body goes well giant legs aren't a part of it.

I don't hit shoulders, back or abs but yet I've acquired some pretty juicy delts (or so I've been told) crazy huh?

Cardio erryday! Well I used to, until it started snowing :(

You realize you don't suddenly get giant legs right? But if you keep working your upper body, and not your legs, you'll end up looking silly.

I could recommend a really good program for you though, if you really wanted to put on some size... All your exercises are, well.. they could be better! Unless you of course prefer working out at home.. (Apologies if I'm assuming here)

http://www.joeydevilla.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/friends-dont-let-friends-skip-leg-day.jpg

Cedric
01-23-2013, 03:08 PM
You realize you don't suddenly get giant legs right? But if you keep working your upper body, and not your legs, you'll end up looking silly.

I could recommend a really good program for you though, if you really wanted to put on some size... All your exercises are, well.. they could be better! Unless you of course prefer working out at home.. (Apologies if I'm assuming here)

http://www.joeydevilla.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/friends-dont-let-friends-skip-leg-day.jpg

My program is working just fine for me and my legs are still in proportion to my body, you should really check out my other posts in this thread. I drew a line at 17" arms and I'm not looking to put on any more upper-body size :)

Shadowmarkus
01-23-2013, 03:33 PM
My program is working just fine for me and my legs are still in proportion to my body, you should really check out my other posts in this thread. I drew a line at 17" arms and I'm not looking to put on any more upper-body size :)

I just read through your entire thread... And there is so many things off about your workout...

It seems like you're using a bro-workout http://www.marksdailyapple.com/wow-the-bro-workout/#axzz2IoEqj8Rf

or http://slumz.boxden.com/f171/mike-situation-sorentinos-workout-program-revealed-1445181/

But anyhow, in the end it's all about you. So if you don't want to work legs, or shoulders, or abs, or back.. Then that's your call. It's the mirror that counts. I just wouldn't workout like you. Guess we're different like that... (I hope I'm not coming off as ironic or something, because I'm being serious)

Keep it up.

Cedric
01-23-2013, 03:49 PM
I just read through your entire thread... And there is so many things off about your workout...

It seems like you're using a bro-workout http://www.marksdailyapple.com/wow-the-bro-workout/#axzz2IoEqj8Rf

or http://slumz.boxden.com/f171/mike-situation-sorentinos-workout-program-revealed-1445181/

But anyhow, in the end it's all about you. So if you don't want to work legs, or shoulders, or abs, or back.. Then that's your call. It's the mirror that counts. I just wouldn't workout like you. Guess we're different like that... (I hope I'm not coming off as ironic or something, because I'm being serious)

Keep it up.

Thanks bruv, the exercises in my thread stem from own experience in the gym ( what works best for me ) so it's possible it might look like some kind of "bro-workout" ;)

Bigvlad
01-23-2013, 05:01 PM
I have low tolerance for BS, I swear that taking 3 scoops of this stuff will kill an average 170lb person. You've either never took the ultra concentrate before or did it on a full stomach. This stuff is banned in certain places for a reason.

no full stomach, i used jack3d rush2 and all banned stuff, i took 3+ to feel something and i know many people like me, it depends on your coffeine tolerance

Diesal
01-23-2013, 07:35 PM
no full stomach, i used jack3d rush2 and all banned stuff, i took 3+ to feel something and i know many people like me, it depends on your coffeine tolerance

If caffeine was the only active ingredient everyone would be having coffee for their pre workout.

It seems like you're using a bro-workout http://www.marksdailyapple.com/wow-t...#axzz2IoEqj8Rf

or

Keep it up.

I thought the bro workout was chest and biceps 3x a week. What's off about the workout? (Not disagreeing, would just like your input.)

b004u
01-23-2013, 10:49 PM
do you take any supplements ?

Cedric
01-23-2013, 10:53 PM
do you take any supplements ?

Yes it's all there in the OP.

Cedric
02-08-2013, 10:44 PM
I'm quitting bodybuilding however I've yet to update the OP with my last and most effective routine, I'll still be ever-present in this section with medical information though.

Twic
02-08-2013, 10:55 PM
Why are you quitting mate?

Cedric
02-08-2013, 11:00 PM
Why are you quitting mate?

I've completely lost my motivation for it in light of recent events and it's what someone I loved very dearly would have wanted because he repeatedly told me he'd rather see me quit, that's why.

Tenor
02-08-2013, 11:02 PM
I'm quitting bodybuilding however I've yet to update the OP with my last and most effective routine, I'll still be ever-present in this section with medical information though.

Become my Yoda. :grin

Orders
02-08-2013, 11:03 PM
I've completely lost my motivation for it in light of recent events and it's what someone I loved very dearly would have wanted because he repeatedly told me he'd rather see me quit, that's why.

:huh no don't quit man. Get swole with the rest of us :)

BigNig420
02-14-2013, 06:39 PM
If I start doing this workout, how many reps per set should I start with, for a beginner?

Cedric
02-14-2013, 07:04 PM
If I start doing this workout, how many reps per set should I start with, for a beginner?

Depends on the exercise but for now just try to stick to 7-8.

Just Wizzer
02-15-2013, 10:43 PM
What do you do for slow paced cardio?

Cedric
02-15-2013, 10:50 PM
What do you do for slow paced cardio?

Jogging or cycling, but cycling I do twice as long.

BigNig420
02-15-2013, 11:13 PM
Currently I'm jogging on mon-wed-fri for 30 miinutes, I'm going to be starting your program on tues-thurs-sat, starting this saturday. I'll let you know how it goes... hopefully I don't die.

Cedric
02-15-2013, 11:25 PM
Currently I'm jogging on mon-wed-fri for 30 miinutes, I'm going to be starting your program on tues-thurs-sat, starting this saturday. I'll let you know how it goes... hopefully I don't die.

You should be fine, unless you have some kind of undiagnosed heart condition that is ;)

BigNig420
02-15-2013, 11:30 PM
You should be fine, unless you have some kind of undiagnosed heart condition that is ;)

fat-assery?

Cedric
02-15-2013, 11:33 PM
fat-assery?

As far as my medical knowledge goes that shouldn't be a problem :idk

Fedora
02-15-2013, 11:35 PM
NO! Cedric! Mad respect to you mate. I will start to post in this sub forum soon (PT here), so hopefully you'll be able to still take a look at my posts. Maybe I can get some tips from you in terms of precontest stuff (looking to compete sometime next year).

Just Wizzer
02-15-2013, 11:37 PM
im going to start your program on the morrow. what do you suggest i eat in the 5 hours, and what is your opinion on coffee (not even going to ask about monster)

Cedric
02-15-2013, 11:37 PM
NO! Cedric! Mad respect to you mate. I will start to post in this sub forum soon (PT here), so hopefully you'll be able to still take a look at my posts. Maybe I can get some tips from you in terms of precontest stuff (looking to compete sometime next year).

Alright man, looking forward to it. I'm not going anywhere, I just quit bodybuilding...

[for now

Cedric
02-15-2013, 11:40 PM
im going to start your program on the morrow. what do you suggest i eat in the 5 hours, and what is your opinion on coffee (not even going to ask about monster)

Black coffee without any additives (milk, sugar, etc..) is just fine outside of your eating window, and it helped kill any apetite that I generated in the mornings. What you eat depends on what you're trying to do, if you're looking to bulk just eat lean and don't be afraid to splurge every now and then if it fits your macronutrients. If you're cutting stick to lean foods with maybe a cheat meal once a week.

Lean foods being salmon, beef, veal, salads what have you.

Just Wizzer
02-15-2013, 11:42 PM
Black coffee without any additives (milk, sugar, etc..) is just fine outside of your eating window, and it helped kill any apetite that I generated in the mornings. What you eat depends on what you're trying to do, if you're looking to bulk just eat lean and don't be afraid to splurge every now and then if it fits your macronutrients. If you're cutting stick to lean foods with maybe a cheat meal once a week.

Lean foods being salmon, beef, veal, salads what have you.

sweet, i happen to have a freezer full of fished salmon, thanks for the help ced.

nJoyo
02-21-2013, 05:20 PM
Will having a car, motivate you going gym?

Cedric
02-21-2013, 05:22 PM

Depends on the person I suppose?

Twic
02-21-2013, 09:17 PM

:idk I do ghetto home trainings, it would probably help if the gym is not close by..

Mechmeret
02-21-2013, 09:27 PM

YOU is the only thing which will motivate you to go to the gym.

Also for others who wish to make large muscle gains, incorporating squats and deadlifts to your routine will make a major difference.

FancyPants
03-04-2013, 09:28 PM
Didn't read through all the comments so I don't know if anybody asked but, you don't train your legs? back? shoulders?

Cedric
03-04-2013, 09:29 PM
Didn't read through all the comments so I don't know if anybody asked but, you don't train your legs? back? shoulders?

Nope, as clearly stated in the OP.

Cedric
03-15-2013, 06:21 PM
Missing the gym, might be getting back into it. Stay tuned :megusta
http://puu.sh/1TB6S

Tenor
03-15-2013, 09:29 PM
Missing the gym, might be getting back into it. Stay tuned :megusta
http://puu.sh/1TB6S

Not going to the gym and still looking better than me :ok

Malaki360
04-03-2013, 09:59 PM
Look what I found

http://i50.tinypic.com/8xv38n.jpg

Which one of you did it?

Orders
04-03-2013, 10:00 PM
Look what I found

http://i50.tinypic.com/8xv38n.jpg

Which one of you did it?

You cant see anything in that picture, the text is too small.

Cedric
04-03-2013, 10:00 PM
To clear up that's not me man haha, the first and second one was. This one just looks cool :)

I'll add some more up to date ones though :hmm

Cedric
04-03-2013, 10:04 PM
Added the newest one (bottom one) and deleted the cool one I found on the interwebz, cheers :D

Julian
04-03-2013, 10:44 PM
What do you do when you bulk?

Cedric
04-04-2013, 04:32 PM
What do you do when you bulk?

Calory surplus, almost next to no cardio and I'll be honest all my bulks have been relatively dirty but I don't pack on a lot of fat so it's all good :)

Malaki360
04-04-2013, 06:02 PM
When bulking, how many meals a day do you have? And what do they usually consist of?

And is your routing while bulking different?

Cedric
04-04-2013, 06:04 PM
When bulking, how many meals a day do you have? And what do they usually consist of?

And is your routing while bulking different?

My routine is the same, I just progress in lifts a lot faster. I have about 2-3 meals a day, but snack a lot in between too. The meals are usually really clean but the snacks not so much.

Malaki360
04-04-2013, 06:22 PM
Whats your height, weight and body fat %?

Payton
04-04-2013, 11:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/2qXncQM.jpg

:accepted

Cedric
04-05-2013, 02:15 PM
http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u487/CedZul/paypay_zps36619fee.png

Cedric
04-05-2013, 03:30 PM
Whats your height, weight and body fat %?

186 cm (6ft 1), 86,3kg (190 lbs) and I'm not sure but I think atm I'm ranging at 10-11%

Shrupreme Reader
04-05-2013, 04:41 PM
http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u487/CedZul/paypay_zps36619fee.png

I can see a war starting. :manic

Cedric
04-05-2013, 04:43 PM
I can see a war starting. :manic

How can I start a war when I feel nothing but sweet love for my gymbro pay-pay? ;)

Julian
04-05-2013, 05:37 PM
My bench press really sucks. Any tips?

Cedric
04-05-2013, 05:41 PM

You're gonna need to elaborate a little more, you mean you can't bench a lot of weight or you can't stabilize the bar or..?

thedangerman
04-05-2013, 10:28 PM
The other day, at the gym ...

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/7229/paypay.png

Payton, you got lifted bro payton

the virginator
04-05-2013, 10:28 PM

Dan with muscles = 404

Duane
04-05-2013, 10:43 PM
Dan that looks photoshopped... :beerguy

Mechmeret
04-05-2013, 10:47 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDBP_xdzyxI

Do you bench like this? :troll

Tenor
04-05-2013, 10:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDBP_xdzyxI

Do you bench like this? :troll

Someone needs to introduce him to legs day. His quads look disgusting.

biblestudy
04-06-2013, 12:17 AM
Someone needs to introduce him to legs day. His quads look disgusting.

Bro, every day is bicep day.

Edit: just actually watched the video now that I'm not at work. I think that remark is still relevant to any workout discussion though.

Julian
04-07-2013, 02:44 AM
Yep. Bench a little amount of weight.

Payton
04-07-2013, 10:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/MzXyMyV.png?1

:backtrolled

Payton
04-07-2013, 10:16 PM
I'll be hanging here for a while, lemme know if you need some tips Ced

http://i.imgur.com/Z2CNFd5.jpg?1

Cedric
04-07-2013, 10:16 PM
I laughed my saggy tits of :agog

thedangerman
04-07-2013, 10:17 PM

Wait I thought I ripped your legs off :wut

Bill
04-07-2013, 10:17 PM
Cedric has meet his match :doh

Payton
04-07-2013, 10:18 PM
Wait I thought I ripped your legs off :wut

Hahaha I never saw that, omg they must have grown back :o

Mechmeret
04-07-2013, 10:21 PM

Best post 2013 :lol

Twic
04-07-2013, 10:24 PM
I like this battle of the gods haha :grin:megusta

Cedric
04-07-2013, 10:25 PM
http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u487/CedZul/paypay22_zps22bbbfd7.png

:troll

Alls funs and gaems bra

Payton
04-07-2013, 10:39 PM
Payton: Has pictures to justify every criticism

Ced: Has the same 3 posed pictures of him in a wheelchair :(

http://i.imgur.com/TDZpbMO.jpg?1

You asked for delts? I'll give you some biceps too free of charge :grin

Mechmeret
04-07-2013, 10:40 PM
Payton: Has pictures to justify every criticism

Ced: Has the same 3 posed pictures of him in a wheelchair :(

http://i.imgur.com/TDZpbMO.jpg?1

You asked for delts? I'll give you some biceps too free of charge :grin

Getting friends to take pictures of you in the gym studio? :ohplz

Also, where did the "fap" button go? :wut

Payton
04-07-2013, 10:41 PM
Getting friends to take pictures of you in the gym studio? :ohplz

Also, where did the "fap" button go? :wut

Boyfriend was collecting fap materials ;(

I've been looking for it too! I have a fetish for malformed, wheelchair bound meatheads help me find it! :fap

Cedric
04-07-2013, 10:42 PM
:notbad

Not that much of a picture taker :( Also I homegym with no spotter :idk
I'll get some soon if you want though :megusta
Payton's chest (http://nl.wikipedia.org/Error_404)

the virginator
04-07-2013, 10:43 PM

:lol at the wiki page

Orders
04-07-2013, 10:46 PM

:isee
Now wait for the response :plotting:

Mechmeret
04-07-2013, 10:47 PM
This shit is like a flame war between Apollo And Thor :ohplz

Payton
04-07-2013, 11:00 PM

Yeah, chests are hard to come by nowadays, especially of the upper variety - I learned that sometimes you just have to lift REALLLLYYY
heavy and it comes right in ;)

http://i.imgur.com/EK02NpR.jpg

Cedric
04-07-2013, 11:16 PM
> No leg day
> Bigger legs
> You're allowed to 'mire meow

http://puu.sh/2vRHm

Also in case you're wondering what the area under my chin is, that's called a chest :troll

Mechmeret
04-07-2013, 11:37 PM
> No leg day
> Bigger legs
> You're allowed to 'mire meow

http://puu.sh/2vRHm

Also in case you're wondering what the area under my chin is, that's called a chest :troll

Just to cut off the hormones and shit, I'm just genuinely wondering, have you really managed to get all those gains in your upper and lower body without doing any real compound exercises except for Bench pressing?

Cedric
04-08-2013, 12:01 AM
Just to cut off the hormones and shit, I'm just genuinely wondering, have you really managed to get all those gains in your upper and lower body without doing any real compound exercises except for Bench pressing?

Yeah the routine in the OP is still pretty much my routine save for reverse curls ;)

Barbarian genetics bro :idk

Payton
04-08-2013, 12:03 AM
I have a picture that would literally end your leg career, but it's not safe to post :cry

Payton
04-08-2013, 12:04 AM
But srsly, your legs are little/not defined. If you think you're solid now, I promise you incorporating leg day will work wonders.

Panda.
04-08-2013, 12:04 AM
I have a picture that would literally end your leg career, but it's not safe to post :cry

:facepalm He's talking about your main two walking legs, not your third leg, Payton.

Payton
04-08-2013, 12:14 AM
:facepalm He's talking about your main two walking legs, not your third leg, Payton.

OH, in dat case

http://i.imgur.com/QLlCUz8.jpg?2

http://i.imgur.com/iqcyHuQ.jpg?1

Pussy barbarian is gonna need more than just an axe to chop these tree trunks down.

Payton
04-08-2013, 12:15 AM
Excuse da white stoof on da mirror, I got a little excited :fap

Duane
04-08-2013, 12:18 AM
Excuse da white stoof on da mirror, I got a little excited :fap

Nice tear drops...I just recently fell in love with front squats

Cedric
04-08-2013, 12:21 AM
I just don't like have big/defined legs, they are proportional to my body at the moment and I'm not intending in getting any bigger (upper-body wise).

vs
http://puu.sh/2vU2X

If I'm honest, they're not that much different size-wise too :idk

Payton
04-08-2013, 12:23 AM
I just don't like have big/defined legs, they are proportional to my body at the moment and I'm not intending in getting any bigger (upper-body wise).

vs
http://puu.sh/2vU2X

If I'm honest, they're not that much different size-wise too :idk

True enough,

the difference however is you're 6'0/190

I'm 5'10, 165.

lol.

Cedric
04-08-2013, 12:23 AM
We should meet up irl and have a gym session :fap

Mechmeret
04-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Guize guize, stop taking pics of your legs damnit!

Aufi
04-08-2013, 03:54 PM
:popcorn

But plz, no more leg pics :smile1:

Cedric
04-08-2013, 09:22 PM
There will be no more leg pics :D

Twic
04-08-2013, 09:36 PM
NO legs but that chest dammnnnn :sweetjesus

Cedric
04-12-2013, 05:36 PM
Starting squats, they hurt like hell :fu

Orders
04-12-2013, 05:49 PM
Starting squats, they hurt like hell :fu

That burn when you finish a set :sweetjesus and :cry

RiD
04-12-2013, 05:53 PM
Yeah leg day for me, is by far the toughest.
Starts off with 3 sets of squats, 2 sets deadlift and 2 dumbell lunges, heaviest weight I can manage for 10 reps, and long rest times, like 3-5 minutes between. Even with those rest times it still kills me, it's getting easier though the more I stick with it.
Then I go back to 90 seconds rest for the isolation excercises, do 4x leg extensions, 2x decline leg curl, 3x calf-raises, and 2x farmer's walk.

It's good though, your legs will be plenty sore the next day. The good kind of sore.

Cedric
04-12-2013, 05:56 PM
Yeah I'm not gonna go to crazy with leg day and keep it pretty basic, my cardio is still predominantly running and I can't go running if it hurts to walk :D

Orders
04-12-2013, 06:06 PM
Yeah leg day for me, is by far the toughest.
Starts off with 3 sets of squats, 2 sets deadlift and 2 dumbell lunges, heaviest weight I can manage for 10 reps, and long rest times, like 3-5 minutes between. Even with those rest times it still kills me, it's getting easier though the more I stick with it.
Then I go back to 90 seconds rest for the isolation excercises, do 4x leg extensions, 2x decline leg curl, 3x calf-raises, and 2x farmer's walk.

It's good though, your legs will be plenty sore the next day. The good kind of sore.

I agree, had legs today, started with 4 sets of squats,followed by 3 sets of deadlifts and 3 sets of leg presses and leg extensions and finally reverse leg curls. Its safe to say that my legs feel like jello at the moment.
Leg day is by far the thoughest workout of the week, but its also the best one, because it isn't a walk in the park. For me atleast :)

RiD
04-12-2013, 06:12 PM
I can't go running if it hurts to walk :D

:disappoint

With that leg workout 18 sets in the 10 rep range, it's a really intense cardio workout. You'll burn 1.5k+ calories, and raise your metabolism for the next 24 hours.
You could easily skip cardio for a couple days after, by which time your legs will be fine :P

I'd strongly recommend that leg workout. Hit's the big muscles and compound movements early, then leg extensions are a great exercise for the lower part of your quads, and finish up with some isolation movements hitting hamstrings/calves/etc.
18 sets might seem like a lot, but your legs are a large part of the body.

HarryK
04-12-2013, 06:20 PM
I'm slightly chubby, not fat at all just got some chub. Do I just do HIIT all the time?

Cedric
04-12-2013, 06:20 PM
I'm slightly chubby, not fat at all just got some chub. Do I just do HIIT all the time?

Every other day will suffice.

Cedric
04-16-2013, 08:13 PM
Re-writing thread a little atm, shin splints is getting me guys.
http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u487/CedZul/moti1_zps343b59d6.jpg

Essential
04-16-2013, 08:17 PM
profiled

RiD
04-16-2013, 09:34 PM
There will be no more leg pics :D

Sorry Aufi :ohplz

​http://i49.tinypic.com/e252t.jpg

That's my legs atm. I get what you're saying about people who have like huge thighs that are kinda out of proportion from the rest of the legs.

I just try to hit all the muscle groups, and go for high reps rather than going heavy on squats, deadlifts etc.
I think that helps keep everything in proportion.

Cedric
04-16-2013, 09:35 PM
mirin' red socks RiD, it's like christmas in April :megusta

Trent!
04-16-2013, 09:36 PM

Playing a little pocket pool, now are we RiDster?

:fap

Cedric
04-16-2013, 09:39 PM
This is literally Aufi's reaction to RiD's post
http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u487/CedZul/smiling_zps499d8ef5.gif (http://s1070.photobucket.com/user/CedZul/media/smiling_zps499d8ef5.gif.html)

Jesus Auf, you're swole brah :D

Duane
04-17-2013, 12:18 AM
RiD I like your white Sparry's

Smurf
04-17-2013, 09:36 PM
So, where do you guys buy your pre workouk sups and whey from? :hmm

Solar
04-17-2013, 09:50 PM
So, where do you guys buy your pre workouk sups and whey from? :hmm

Said this a few times on RiD. For people in the UK I'd recommend ironscience, myprotein, or bulkpowders. All good sites, but the one I've dealt with most is ironscience, cheap and usually have some offers on. I can't find stuff for much cheaper where it isn't outdated or in clearance.

Orders
04-17-2013, 10:04 PM
Said this a few times on RiD. For people in the UK I'd recommend ironscience, myprotein, or bulkpowders. All good sites, but the one I've dealt with most is ironscience, cheap and usually have some offers on. I can't find stuff for much cheaper where it isn't outdated or in clearance.

Don't mean to hijack your thread Ced :hug

But Bodybuilding.com ships from the Netherlands as of now. I ordered a few things a week ago and I recieved it today.

Cedric
04-17-2013, 10:05 PM

But Bodybuilding.com ships from the Netherlands as of now. I ordered a few things a week ago and I recieved it today.

That's awesome, will make some things more available for twic and myself too now :)

Twic
04-17-2013, 10:08 PM

True,

But Ced and me order a lot from B&F (delivers only in NL and BE) which still has better deals than BB ^^

TaylorSwift
04-17-2013, 10:09 PM
What exactly do pre-workouts do for you?

RiD
04-17-2013, 10:10 PM
What's B&F?

Cedric
04-17-2013, 10:12 PM
What exactly do pre-workouts do for you?

They give you energy/focus/pump, some like to save it for days when they're low on energy, others (like myself) take it almost each time before going to the gym as a sort of tradition.

True,

But Ced and me order a lot from B&F (delivers only in NL and BE) which still has better deals than BB ^^

BB.com has a wider array of items, though.

TaylorSwift
04-17-2013, 10:13 PM
They give you energy/focus/pump, some like to save it for days when they're low on energy, others (like myself) take it almost each time before going to the gym as a sort of tradition.

Do they taste good? Or shitty like protein?

Twic
BB.com has a wider array of items, though.

True, but depends on what your looking for ;)

LSU

Does it actually do anything for you though or is it just a glorified energy drink?

Cedric
04-17-2013, 10:15 PM
What's B&F?

bodyenfitshop.nl it's a really good fitness supplement shop for The Netherlands and Belgium, super-fast delivery (next-day) at sharp prices!

Cedric
04-17-2013, 10:18 PM
Do they taste good? Or shitty like protein?

Unlike protein shakes most taste really good and don't add a lot of viscosity to the water.

Does it actually do anything for you though or is it just a glorified energy drink?

It's an energy drinks that actually works, biochemically speaking they're a lot more potent than just a drink with taurine/caffe´ne.

Duane
04-17-2013, 11:21 PM
Yeah A LOT of people religiously stay away from pre-workouts, and honestly idk why. Always, always, always if you're concerned about something you should always consult your doctor or whatever. I'm not saying people SHOULD use them, but pre-workouts are very helpful, I too drink them ALL the time now before working out (and some, like Nitraflex, even help you focus more on the side of studies, so you could even take a bit before class or before an Exam :thumbup).

You should get in the habit also, and transitioning pre workouts into my daily regime helped with this, of read and understanding the label(s) on products and to understand what certain chemicals do when ingested. Can help you get a product that's right for you and can also help prevent cardiac arrest because you failed to read the old Jack3d formula and just thought "well if he's using it then I can too" :genius

Happy lifting :thumbup

oh and inb4 Payton "I take 4 scoops of jack3d" :lol

Rumo
04-19-2013, 08:13 PM
Started following your training schedule with my brother with the exception of adding a back muscle day between the double-rest day, seems great :)

Payton
04-19-2013, 08:49 PM
ᕦ(˛_ˇˇ)ᕤ “

meatheads unite.

Cedric
04-22-2013, 05:08 PM
protip: when doing tricep exercises where you lock-out (e.g: skullcrushers) don't make rapid movements, every movement must be slow and controlled to avoid elbow tendonitis. If you're already feeling pain when doing these exercises it's not too late to fix it.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u487/CedZul/moti3_zps6fbdadb8.jpg

Cedric
04-30-2013, 06:17 PM
OP updated.

Rumo
05-06-2013, 09:49 PM
Skull Crusher making my right elbow hurt like a bitch - doing them slow as possible and not too much weight (15-20 reps per set) ;S any advice?

Cedric
05-06-2013, 09:58 PM
Skull Crusher making my right elbow hurt like a bitch - doing them slow as possible and not too much weight (15-20 reps per set) ;S any advice?

Had the exact same problem, make sure the lockout is extremely gentle and it took about 2-3 tricep workouts to get it so it wouldn't hurt anymore. Just hang in there, it will go away.

Melanie Iglesias
05-06-2013, 10:05 PM
Trying to develop a new workout routine now that school is over. Using your approach as a vague outline :idk

Cedric
05-17-2013, 03:19 PM
Just arrived :)
http://puu.sh/2VeTu.png

Mechmeret
05-17-2013, 03:22 PM
Just arrived :)
http://puu.sh/2VeTu.png

Do tell how that preworkout turns out :thumbup

Cedric
05-17-2013, 03:23 PM
Do tell how that preworkout turns out :thumbup

Yerrrr! That's the plan :) I'm really curious, so I'm already making my shake huehuehuehue

Da Vinci Code
05-17-2013, 03:41 PM
No more craze?

Cedric
05-17-2013, 03:42 PM
No more craze?

I got tolerant to craze, won't be taking it for some time.

Da Vinci Code
05-17-2013, 03:44 PM
I got tolerant to craze, won't be taking it for some time.
I've taken it about 5 times - one scoop, and I think it's not effecting me anymore, however at night I cannot get any sleep when I take it.

Cedric
05-17-2013, 03:45 PM
I've taken it about 5 times - one scoop, and I think it's not effecting me anymore, however at night I cannot get any sleep when I take it.

Take it earlier in the day and up the dosage if you're not feeling it anymore.

Mechmeret
05-17-2013, 03:45 PM

Or just rotate between two preworkout products - heard it should do the trick.

Da Vinci Code
05-17-2013, 03:47 PM

I take it early in the morning, how early can I go? I just thought that even though taking 1 scoop doesn't get me any sleep, what will 2 do..? I don't want dem shakes.

Cedric
05-17-2013, 03:49 PM
I take it early in the morning, how early can I go? I just thought that even though taking 1 scoop doesn't get me any sleep, what will 2 do..? I don't want dem shakes.

If you can't sleep when you take 1 scoop in the morning than you won't sleep with 2 either. Apparently you lack the necessary enzymes to metabolize caffeine properly, sorry bro.

Da Vinci Code
05-17-2013, 03:52 PM
If you can't sleep when you take 1 scoop in the morning than you won't sleep with 2 either. Apparently you lack the necessary enzymes to metabolize caffeine properly, sorry bro.
There is no point even me taking it then, Might as well stick to coffee that worked better for me. But just the taste is horrible.

Mechmeret
05-17-2013, 03:53 PM
There is no point even me taking it then, Might as well stick to coffee that worked better for me. But just the taste is horrible.

you could attempt switching to another product with less caffeine, may do the trick.