PDA

View Full Version : Development Diary: RiD Genesis, a new botting platform

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RiD
12-20-2013, 03:16 PM
Hi everybody,

I would like to share with you information about my latest and most ambitious project to date... RiD Genesis.
RiD Genesis has been a long-term goal of mine for a while, the two main features of this project are:

- Allow users to design and create their own bots in an easy and intuitive way, without any coding.
- Take a users biometric data, and use that to re-create their playing style.

How will this be done?

Up till release this is still subject to change, however the current plan is to use a 'finite state machine' model, where a bot consists of a set of 'states' and a set of 'actions'. At run-time the bot watches what's happening in-game, recognizes particular 'states' and takes the appropriate 'action' for the scenario it's faced with. This is a more human-like architecture than we were using previously.
That may sound complicated... but in practice, all you'll need to do to create a bot is record yourself play.
How long will you need to record for? The more the better... the more data the bot has the more accurately it can re-produce your playing style. About 45 minutes should provide a good level of detail, but exactly how much is up to you.
A finite state machine for your task will be created automatically, and you will only have to edit that if/when you encounter a scenario that causes your bot to quit (which you will then be able to configure an appropriate action for, to avoid repeats of this problem again in the future), and you'll also be able to manually configure states and actions too.

Will I be able to download and share bots?

Yes, but when using a downloaded bot you still need to briefly record a few clicks, to pick up your biometric data.

When will it be finished?

Development is at an advanced stage, you can start using Genesis right now, from just 3.99 a month.

I heard I will be able to use this for other things, not just RuneScape?

You heard right, RiD Genesis is graphics based and there is nothing tying you down to RuneScape. Initial prototypes may be geared toward the RuneScape environment, but you will be able to configure your own settings to enable the bot to function in other environments, games, and repetitive tasks in general.

How much will it cost, and will there be a free version?

This is also still subject to change, but my plan is to make the basic stuff free, and charge for the human input service... So you could make bots for desktop games etc, where there's no need for humanlike input and have the mouse jump around the place... but to utilize your biometric data and tap into the 'human input' capabilities of this bot, you'll need to pay a monthly subscription (there will be three levels, depending on how many hours you would like to spend botting per day)

Here's a vid one of our testers (Aufi) made, showing the bot in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCAWcnrCYRo

Here's a glimpse of the GUI:

https://www.robotzindisguise.com/images/agi.png

You can check out data on both your botting sessions and calibration sessions, and compare them side-by-side.

http://i.imgur.com/wuBuY0X.png

The bot also tracks what you do with the mouse in-between actions, in the form of 'rest areas'.

http://i.imgur.com/HnWxFSM.png

The bot measures and simulates the user's own characteristics - where you rest your mouse, how you click, click coordinate bullseye and spread, etc.

Mechmeret
12-20-2013, 03:18 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/357kc3q.gif

Garaa
12-20-2013, 03:28 PM
http://i.imgur.com/3ea7oJz.gif

Ah yeah....

Question Rid, people who bought unlimited will they be subject to pay a monthly service fee like you talked about in your thread?

Shrupreme Reader
12-20-2013, 03:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/UiaK1sP.gif

RiD
12-20-2013, 03:31 PM
Frequently Asked Questions

Q: When will Genesis be released?
A: Genesis is being developed solely by RiD and is continuously evolving to better meet the needs of RiD Members. It is not practical to give an exact release date, so please visit the forum to stay updated with the latest news on the Genesis project.

Q: What is VIP Membership and should I buy it?
A: VIP membership is an unlimited/lifetime subscription (no recurring payments) and the only way to unlock the highest subscription level (higher than ultimate). It is a long-term investment for those looking to enjoy Genesis for years to come, or show support for RiD during the development of Genesis.

Q: How long will the ability to purchase VIP be available?
A: Until beta testing begins, after which it will be discontinued, but will still be available from time to time through competitions and contests here on the forum.

Q: What are the monthly subscription plans?
A: LIGHT: 6 hours/day, 2.99/mo, 29.99/yr. HEAVY: 18 hours/day, 4.50/mo, 45/yr. ULTIMATE: 48 hours/day, 7.99/mo, 79.99/yr.

Q: I still have bot credits that I've previously purchased, can I use them?
A: Credits can be used at a rate of 1 credit per hour, or credits can be transferred to subscription time which offers more value.

Q; Who will get to alpha or beta test Genesis?
A: VIP Members will get alpha access to Genesis, and Hero/Veteran members will be invited to join later later, on the beta testing.

Q: What does Genesis look like? Do I need to be able to code to use it?
A: Genesis has a user-friendly interface and requires no coding. Please read the Introduction to the Genesis Interface threads for a more detailed explanation here:
http://www.robotzindisguise.com/forum/showthread.php?24466-Introduction-to-the-Genesis-Interface-Part-1
http://www.robotzindisguise.com/forum/showthread.php?24519-Introduction-to-the-Genesis-Interface-Part-2

Q: Will Genesis be able to do Slayer?
A: You will be able to do individual slayer tasks quite easily. What you'd do is create a generic bot for attacking monsters, then simply update the graphical information when you change to a new location/monsters (a 2-5 minute job). No re-calibration necessary. If you want it to be capable of doing ALL slayer tasks and being able to get new tasks and navigate to them, you will not be able to do that - not initially anyway.

Q: Do I have to show Genesis every item I want to pick up? For example, I'm slaying and I want to pick up a variety of items that are valuable to me?
A: You will be able to provide instructions on the name(s) of items to pick up, so you won't need to explicitly show ever single item being picked up in your calibration sessions.

Q: Will Genesis be able to fight players or bosses?
A: It will be able to fight stuff, yeah, of course. As for fighting players, that would need some small adjustments to the initial design, but no major obstacles to make it possible. Fighting bosses would be similar, fighting bosses tends to require a strategy. Unless you fight the boss a few times, it's unlikely to pick up your strategy from a calibration session. You'd need to manually configure it. Long story short, there's so many types of bosses and strategies, I cannot give a general answer, on what will be do-able in the initial version and what won't be. But Genesis will be an on-going project, updates will increase it's 'awareness', and increase the complexity of tasks you can setup.

Q: Will I be able to use Genesis in other games besides RuneScape?
A: Yes. Genesis will be initially geared toward repetitive point-and-click tasks, which occur in games like RuneScape. The long-term goal is to extend Genesis to perform first-person games too (where you use keyboard navigation, rather than point and click), but this will not be available until some time into the future.

Thanks for the FAQ Iron

Mr. Bijenglos
12-20-2013, 03:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL4xRwl1f3A

Dunderadde
12-20-2013, 04:02 PM
Holy macaroni, this is some awesome stuff!
Fucking pumped for this update!

Marsellus Wallace
12-20-2013, 04:03 PM
Just getting in here on the first page :enraptured I think a lot of unlimiteds are about to be bought :yes

Solar
12-20-2013, 04:08 PM
I think Marsellus is correct.
This is where RiD gets rich. :rich

Knife
12-20-2013, 04:16 PM
:fap:fap:fap:fap

Green Viper
12-20-2013, 04:19 PM
This sound incredible! RiD, you have outdone yourself. Double unlimited here I come. :megusta

The only thing I'm wondering is how complicated the bots will be able to be. Will we be able to program the bot to do something that requires a lot of decision making if we record long enough?

Take all the time you need, I can wait. Like I said, as long as RuneScape still exists and I'm still alive... :P

Twinki
12-20-2013, 04:25 PM
http://i.imgur.com/BnLxY.gif .

becksreg
12-20-2013, 04:48 PM
Just 1 question - What happens to the hours we've paid for now? Do they continue over onto this new platform? I've got 900 hours or so and would rather use them before having to spend more :ok#

Edit : my bad just read some of the previous posts!

sounds awesome, best of luck !

Cedric
12-20-2013, 04:49 PM
Just 1 question - What happens to the hours we've paid for now? Do they continue over onto this new platform? I've got 900 hours or so and would rather use them before having to spend more :ok

Don't worry you'll still have them though they're 900 credits and not hours, most bots used 1 credit per hour though.

Adam
12-20-2013, 05:01 PM
:sweetjesus

JSand
12-20-2013, 05:35 PM
Sounds amazing, can't wait to see it in action!

Bomb 2 Chest
12-20-2013, 05:40 PM
Now all the other members can shit bricks with us. Keep up the awesome work RiD :hug.

rsbot07
12-20-2013, 05:43 PM
Still gets me excited thinking about the bots. :fap Keep up the great work RiD :thumbup

Undetectable
12-20-2013, 05:55 PM
RiD said the subscriptions would be better than the credits - not really sure how to put this across, but i'll give it a try.

Say, I bought 200 credits in the past but I wasn't an avid RS player, so over a month I only botted for an average of say, 2-3 hours a day. Will the new subscription system make people like this have to pay more as it's suited for botting to the guidelines every single day of the month?

Hopefully someone can clarify, thanks.

BillyS
12-20-2013, 06:16 PM
OH LAWDY!

http://i.imgur.com/M8EWZZn.gif

Green Viper
12-20-2013, 06:19 PM
RiD said the subscriptions would be better than the credits - not really sure how to put this across, but i'll give it a try.

Say, I bought 200 credits in the past but I wasn't an avid RS player, so over a month I only botted for an average of say, 2-3 hours a day. Will the new subscription system make people like this have to pay more as it's suited for botting to the guidelines every single day of the month?

Like it says in the first post, there will be different subscription options based on how much you bot.

Mechmeret
12-20-2013, 07:14 PM

You'll be able to use your old credits, and purchasing regular credit may still be available after the update.

2dumb2live
12-20-2013, 11:54 PM
:fap :fap :fap this sounds amazing .. goodluck RiD hopefully its a nice an early release in 2014

twizz0
12-21-2013, 12:25 AM
No chance of getting the 07 bots released to hold us over until update is there? :)

Mechmeret
12-21-2013, 12:33 AM
No chance of getting the 07 bots released to hold us over until update is there? :)

You'll be able to bot close to all tasks on both rs3 and 07 with the new update. RiD will probably not release standalone bots for unique tasks in the future.

twizz0
12-21-2013, 12:59 AM
You'll be able to bot close to all tasks on both rs3 and 07 with the new update. RiD will probably not release standalone bots for unique tasks in the future.

I meant prior to the release of genesis so we can level up on O7scape.

Bomb 2 Chest
12-21-2013, 01:02 AM
I meant prior to the release of genesis so we can level up on O7scape.
Basically the old bots dont exist anymore. Everything will be done from genesis.

TheMime
12-21-2013, 01:02 AM
Extremely happy I bought unlimited :D

jacketfox
12-21-2013, 01:43 AM
This sounds awesome, can't wait to try it out. The possibilities are endless for things you can do with it.

I wonder how long it will take before someone makes a pking bot :P

Jaxom
12-21-2013, 02:25 AM
OMG so glad i bought unlimited now, Can't wait RiD! Wait seems well worth it!

Bomb 2 Chest
12-21-2013, 02:27 AM
OMG so glad i bought unlimited now, Can't wait RiD! Wait seems well worth it!
Changed your mind about that refund :isee

Jaxom
12-21-2013, 02:28 AM
Changed your mind about that refund :isee

Hell yeah, I already put a message on the Ticket a few weeks ago cancelling my request :p, and closed it.

Glad i did now :P

Green Viper
12-21-2013, 02:30 AM
Hell yeah, I already put a message on the Ticket a few weeks ago cancelling my request :p, and closed it.

Glad i did now :P

Good thing you didn't already get a refund. :P

Sand King
12-21-2013, 02:41 AM
The words are so beautiful :grin but...the wait hurts :ok

Trevor.
12-21-2013, 03:07 AM
This is my first time logging back onto RiD in awhile, and I see I've chosen a good day to do so. Can't wait.

rsbot07
12-21-2013, 03:11 AM
The words are so beautiful :grin but...the wait hurts :ok

Indeed the wait hurts :hug

becksreg
12-21-2013, 04:08 AM
Indeed the wait hurts :hug

The wait will worth it brother.:hug

Trollcrank
12-21-2013, 04:31 AM
Now where da faq is the money for unlimited when you need it? I predict this to become bigger, not just for RS, there is potential to spread to other games and even become a main bot for all repetitive games. Assuming it works like I think it will, we know this guy doesn't disappoint

Bomb 2 Chest
12-21-2013, 04:42 AM
Now where da faq is the money for unlimited when you need it? I predict this to become bigger, not just for RS, there is potential to spread to other games and even become a main bot for all repetitive games. Assuming it works like I think it will, we know this guy doesn't disappoint
Thats the idea of this project to get away from just runescape. Overtime when the bot is fully capable I see genesis becoming a bot for a lot wider range of games.

Pestilence
12-21-2013, 08:19 AM
Shit just got real.

oilup
12-21-2013, 09:40 AM
Happy I bought unlimited over a month ago <3
Mfw RiD is actually creating Skynet... :yes

BetterSister
12-21-2013, 09:58 AM
i just came :fap

samsam44
12-21-2013, 10:25 AM
Times are a channgggingggg

Cedric
12-21-2013, 12:12 PM

Your prediction is pretty much in the OP but yeah :lol

T.A.R.S>
12-21-2013, 02:21 PM
Simply, Genius! I am so impressed by this. I posted this sorta suggestion over at PB a few month's back (before RiD posted this to us Mods) and they poo-poo'ed it like they would. So fucking short-sighted and stuck in their paradigm ways. This REALLY is the pinnacle, evolution and End-point of botting, the ultimate goal really should be the perfect, if possible, mimicry of human behaviour using whatever methods in code

You are the front runner and got there before the other schmo's and I feel very proud to be a part of it in the coming weeks/month, testing, etc, a worthy cause.

Gratz man

Mechmeret
12-21-2013, 02:26 PM
Simply, Genius! I am so impressed by this. I posted this sorta suggestion over at PB a few month's back (before RiD posted this to us Mods) and they poo-poo'ed it like they would. So fucking short-sighted and stuck in their paradigm ways. This REALLY is the pinnacle, evolution and End-point of botting, the ultimate goal really should be the perfect, if possible, mimicry of human behaviour using whatever methods in code

You are the front runner and got there before the other schmo's and I feel very proud to be a part of it in the coming weeks/month, testing, etc, a worthy cause.

Gratz man

Pban operates in such a different fashion than RiD, and don't have close to the capabilities or dedication as RiD to such an extent that it would be literally impossible for them to merit anything along the likes of Genesis.

T.A.R.S>
12-21-2013, 02:33 PM
Pban operates in such a different fashion than RiD, and don't have close to the capabilities or dedication as RiD to such an extent that it would be literally impossible for them to merit anything along the likes of Genesis.

Obv, no comparisons whatsoever.

kyle420
12-21-2013, 07:19 PM
Can't wait, good job. A quick question, are the current bots going to still be available?

rsbot07
12-21-2013, 07:21 PM
Can't wait, good job. A quick question, are the current bots going to still be available?

No need, with genesis you can bot any skill

brotek
12-21-2013, 07:34 PM
So, from reading the entire thread, it seems someone at the beginning said that a lot of "unlimited's" will be bought, however that seems counter-intuitive to the rest of the posts.
Therefore quick question: Unlimited's will no longer be available to be bought unless you have already bought it, correct? I understand you can buy credits, or at least as of now, but this will be fully transferred to a monthly subscription platform?

Otherwise, I'm super stoked about RiD Genesis, good work.

rsbot07
12-21-2013, 07:36 PM
So, from reading the entire thread, it seems someone at the beginning said that a lot of "unlimited's" will be bought, however that seems counter-intuitive to the rest of the posts.
Therefore quick question: Unlimited's will no longer be available to be bought unless you have already bought it, correct? I understand you can buy credits, or at least as of now, but this will be fully transferred to a monthly subscription platform?

you should be able to buy unlimited up until the bots are released

Green Viper
12-21-2013, 08:03 PM

If you click on BotCP and Buy Credit, you'll see an option to purchase unlimited. This option will be removed when the bots come back up.

Sand King
12-22-2013, 05:36 AM

RiD mentioned pre-sets for Genesis. The old bots are gone.

Pestilence
12-22-2013, 08:01 AM
I shit you not, I'm so excited!!

rsbot07
12-22-2013, 08:32 AM
I shit you not, I'm so excited!!

omg same bro :hug

Lurker
12-22-2013, 11:54 AM
This is awesome.

Just a quick question though, how will RiD Genesis deal with random events?

edit: Moreover, how will this fit in with the RiD mentality? Goldfarming will be rampant with this kind of software.

Chudly
12-22-2013, 12:39 PM
Words cannot express how excited I am for this, it sounds so amazing :fap Thank you in advance RiD, you never fail to amaze me :truestory

Bomb 2 Chest
12-22-2013, 03:07 PM
This is awesome.

Just a quick question though, how will RiD Genesis deal with random events?

edit: Moreover, how will this fit in with the RiD mentality? Goldfarming will be rampant with this kind of software.
You will record how you play and the longer you play the better it is for your script. You can add in fail safes for anything im betting like RiD has mentioned before. If the bot encounters a random and fails you could probably go in and put a fail safe for that random. I am not 100% sure but thats basically the idea. RiD is also changing the system so even with the subscription goldfarming will happen but not on a high level.

StevenC
12-22-2013, 05:25 PM
I'm back to say this:

:fap

cherokeechief
12-22-2013, 05:46 PM
sounds pretty nice and worthy of payment:)

TheSteamedRice
12-22-2013, 09:19 PM
Four botting PCs setup and waiting...

Twinki
12-22-2013, 11:05 PM
RiD Genesis, Making families happy across the world:

http://gyazo.com/da110d828628592b1e8c9421113e072f.png

Heated
12-23-2013, 06:11 AM
You are amazing.

Saintofsins
12-23-2013, 09:20 AM
How will genesis react with combat scripts? Eating at the correct time so you don't die does worry me a bit.

Lol Huh?
12-23-2013, 09:37 AM
How will genesis react with combat scripts? Eating at the correct time so you don't die does worry me a bit.

As does picking up rare items that aren't likely to show up during a normal playthrough...

Mechmeret
12-23-2013, 12:12 PM
I wouldn't really worry about how Genesis is going to be made just yet, that's RiD's work :P. We all know how talented the man is, so let's all just sit back, relax and let the project unfold itself :megusta. Rest assured that all aspects of Genesis will be fully thought through prior to public release :thumbup

Pestilence
12-23-2013, 04:44 PM
Man, the more I think about Genesis the more amazing it sounds. Boss solo bot!!

Green Viper
12-23-2013, 04:45 PM
Man, the more I think about Genesis the more amazing it sounds. Boss solo bot!!

Perhaps someday the bot will be able to talk and group up with other players.

Pestilence
12-23-2013, 04:46 PM

When that day comes, the bot will overrule me and take full control of my account :P

JC1994
12-23-2013, 05:28 PM
i hope this advanced bot will also be able to pick up spin tickets cuz i got screwed because of that :pf

Mechmeret
12-23-2013, 05:49 PM

It actually used to be able to do this back when RID had an autotalker :P

http://puu.sh/5Wcgw.png

^ One of my chat logs from back in the MTA days.

gravedigger
12-23-2013, 09:14 PM
well I can't say I'm at all excited ONLY BECAUSE I don't know what any of this stuff means? Could someone explain to me what this will bring and how I can put it to good use? Becuase playing RS3 is so boring it's almost impossible for me to record without losing interest. Someone halp.

Trent!
12-23-2013, 09:16 PM
well I can't say I'm at all excited ONLY BECAUSE I don't know what any of this stuff means? Could someone explain to me what this will bring and how I can put it to good use? Becuase playing RS3 is so boring it's almost impossible for me to record without losing interest. Someone halp.

You will be able to use it for basically anything, RS or outside of that. You play the game for a set period of time and the bot will be able to develop the bulk of the task from there. You will be able to tweak it to your desires and to ensure it covers what you want it to.

EDIT: Although if you're too lazy to even complete a calibration session then you're too lazy to even bot this game.

gravedigger
12-23-2013, 09:36 PM
You will be able to use it for basically anything, RS or outside of that. You play the game for a set period of time and the bot will be able to develop the bulk of the task from there. You will be able to tweak it to your desires and to ensure it covers what you want it to.

EDIT: Although if you're too lazy to even complete a calibration session then you're too lazy to even bot this game.

Thanks for breaking it down for me

If i needed any of that extra lip from you, I would've said so. Thank you

T.A.R.S>
12-23-2013, 09:38 PM
There's always one !

JC1994
12-23-2013, 11:32 PM

never thoughed 1 single bot was able to do such a thing RID sure impressed us.

p.s.: trent great signature :p

Fishaholic
12-24-2013, 06:11 AM
Sweet, I can't wait for this to come out, thanks for the update RiD.

Brewers1996
12-25-2013, 01:30 AM
Heya RiD, think you could post a "how-to" video on youtube or this site for noobs like me on how to control this awesome sounding bot?

rsbot07
12-25-2013, 01:51 AM
Heya RiD, think you could post a "how-to" video on youtube or this site for noobs like me on how to control this awesome sounding bot?

RiD or one of the mods will most likely post a video after the bots have been released :thumbup

Alucard
12-25-2013, 09:18 AM
Depending how well he sorts out the code to handle 3D movement, this could potentially be competition against the Buddybots or other botting software for games already out.

I still don't have enough to buy unlimited, but who cares I will just subscribe and pay more! Damn weekly budgets :cry

Gen-RiD
12-26-2013, 01:13 AM
Wow sounds amazing and alot of work that has gone into making this possible. Thanks RiD! Can't wait to use it and not get any more fricken legit 99s during this break :concentrate

GreenJacket
12-26-2013, 11:13 AM
Based off of what there has been said, I am curious to know the following.

1) Will there be any possiblilty to exchange remaining credit for a discount of the Unlimited package beyond having purchased credits within the last the 2 months?
For example, if you were to have at least 100 credits remaining, you could be discounted $3; 5$ for at least 400 and $8 for at least 900. This would provide a little more incentive for people that are left with plenty credit that would be of no more use.

2) Will Genesis be capable of handling a wide variety of combat training for all the parameters it will have to deal with? Many veterans (RS3) have already got most skills to 99 and the same could be said for combat. However, if Genesis can serve as an advanced combat module, it could in theory do boss trips for you or serve as a slayer trainer, correct? Will Genesis also allow for minigames (containing combat) to be botted again? I find this important to know because it determines of how much use (and in fact value) this new platform will be to a veteran considering most of us have most skills maxed and most likely will strive to earn gp-related gains and to lesser extent skills. Which brings me to my last point.

3) The philosofy RiD used to have on goldfarming is clear. It used to be accepted to allow for private accounts to use certain bots for the monetairy advantage they could provide. A good example of this was RiDiverse. However, judging from my 2nd point, it is obvious that a great part of players will seek to use GNS as a farming bot for gold. While I find this understandable (I myself would try to get lucrative with it), and I acknowledge that the gold markets have shrunk considerably due to the advanced anti-bot systems, could GNS not be the ultimate way to gain gold and thus be used much more for this purpose than i.e. skill training? I do not have the impression it would damage the economy (any further), but is the stance changed on this, if at all? Being able to make money off GNS is for me a very important factor in determining my need for the Unlimited deal.

From the impression I get GNS seems to be a huge innovation, to which I commend the creator for. Nonetheless I find it important to have a realistic understanding of what we can and certainly cannot expect from it and tune our expectations of it accordingly.

cutekitten
12-26-2013, 11:17 PM
Sounds amazing, I can't wait.

Mechmeret
12-26-2013, 11:26 PM
Based off of what there has been said, I am curious to know the following.

1) Will there be any possiblilty to exchange remaining credit for a discount of the Unlimited package beyond having purchased credits within the last the 2 months?
For example, if you were to have at least 100 credits remaining, you could be discounted $3; 5$ for at least 400 and $8 for at least 900. This would provide a little more incentive for people that are left with plenty credit that would be of no more use.

I believe only payments done within 60 days are refundable.

2) Will Genesis be capable of handling a wide variety of combat training for all the parameters it will have to deal with? Many veterans (RS3) have already got most skills to 99 and the same could be said for combat. However, if Genesis can serve as an advanced combat module, it could in theory do boss trips for you or serve as a slayer trainer, correct? Will Genesis also allow for minigames (containing combat) to be botted again? I find this important to know because it determines of how much use (and in fact value) this new platform will be to a veteran considering most of us have most skills maxed and most likely will strive to earn gp-related gains and to lesser extent skills. Which brings me to my last point.

We can't release any further info except for what is already public, so you'll have to sit tight until RiD posts a new update. That said, Genesis should be able to solve most, if not all in game related tasks.

3) The philosofy RiD used to have on goldfarming is clear. It used to be accepted to allow for private accounts to use certain bots for the monetairy advantage they could provide. A good example of this was RiDiverse. However, judging from my 2nd point, it is obvious that a great part of players will seek to use GNS as a farming bot for gold. While I find this understandable (I myself would try to get lucrative with it), and I acknowledge that the gold markets have shrunk considerably due to the advanced anti-bot systems, could GNS not be the ultimate way to gain gold and thus be used much more for this purpose than i.e. skill training? I do not have the impression it would damage the economy (any further), but is the stance changed on this, if at all? Being able to make money off GNS is for me a very important factor in determining my need for the Unlimited deal.

As you pay for the software, you will have an option to purchase a variety packages which allow you to use genesis a set amount of hours per day. The daily cap makes it impossible to run a gold farm larger than just a couple of accounts, which really isn't that profitable at all.

roflolmao
12-27-2013, 12:08 AM
Can you make it support SMART?
That way we can not use our mouses when botting, also you aren't't responsible for any legal issues.

rsbot07
12-27-2013, 12:09 AM
That way we can not use our mouses when botting, also you aren't't responsible for any legal issues.

There shouldn't be any legal issues with rid as it's undetectable and even if someone detects it, it isn't illegal. and what's smart?

Cedric
12-27-2013, 12:09 AM

No just use a VM, same effect.

Bomb 2 Chest
12-27-2013, 12:23 AM
There shouldn't be any legal issues with rid as it's undetectable and even if someone detects it, it isn't illegal. and what's smart?
Smart is simba's bot client which is actually illegal to use.

Whopper
12-27-2013, 09:13 AM
That's an insane concept!

iHammerSmashFace
12-27-2013, 10:17 AM
I'm so glad to see you're still on your game.
Being one of the first 5 to use the original MTA was a privilege.
Happy to be here to see you through it.

Always getting the best from you!

rsbot07
12-27-2013, 10:19 AM
I'm so glad to see you're still on your game.
Being one of the first 5 to use the original MTA was a privilege.
Happy to be here to see you through it.

Always getting the best from you!

welcome back :hug

henk76
12-27-2013, 04:37 PM
niceeee

Caramel
12-27-2013, 07:29 PM
cant wait :tongue

rsbot07
12-28-2013, 03:36 AM
Was just thinking, could we have genesis do our farm runs? :excited:

javalin888
12-28-2013, 03:45 AM
Was just thinking, could we have genesis do our farm runs? :excited:
I would think it should be able to do this but it may take a few runs of you doing it for the bot to learn :idk for sure

Usa
12-28-2013, 04:55 AM
Well doesn't that sound nifty

Saintofsins
12-29-2013, 08:14 AM
I would like to purchase unlimited, but i have 950+ hours left of my credit. Id like to get some type of cash in towards the unlimited subscription

rsbot07
12-29-2013, 08:15 AM
I would like to purchase unlimited, but i have 950+ hours left of my credit. Id like to get some type of cash in towards the unlimited subscription

If you purchased it within the last 60 days you can. if not, it will be put towards hours when the bots come out.

Old Boy
12-29-2013, 02:23 PM
Yes!

Twic
12-29-2013, 03:13 PM
I like the way you think

pandope
12-29-2013, 09:30 PM
Thanks RID!

bubbakill
12-30-2013, 03:17 PM
This is amazing, you could make bots for any game now... :D
One question, you say that there will be different monthly fees depending on how you use the bot, like what would be the difference of features between one and the other?

Idestruction
12-30-2013, 03:27 PM
This is amazing, you could make bots for any game now... :D
One question, you say that there will be different monthly fees depending on how you use the bot, like what would be the difference of features between one and the other?

I believe the only difference is the amount you pay will give you a different maximum daily time limit. The more you pay, the larger your daily time limit is.

Todd!
12-30-2013, 08:10 PM
I believe the only difference is the amount you pay will give you a different maximum daily time limit. The more you pay, the larger your daily time limit is.

Do you expect this will be the case with Unlimited too?

Trent!
12-30-2013, 08:11 PM
Do you expect this will be the case with Unlimited too?

Unlimited is automatically assigned the highest tier.

HarryK
12-31-2013, 12:23 PM
Oh my god. That sounds amazing, can't wait for release. Big thumbs up for RID, can not believe how smart this man is. Never ever die!

skrall
12-31-2013, 02:05 PM
Very excited for the release!!!
I wish y'all a happy healthy (botting) new year ;)

Jason..
01-01-2014, 11:07 PM
Awesome!

Tachycardia
01-02-2014, 03:15 AM
Glad I got unlimited for RID!!!!!!!!!! :)

I like your signature pic Jason. That looks crazy. I wonder what led up to all that with the bridge. :o

Gayjex
01-02-2014, 08:06 AM
Awesome sounding stuff RiD! Can't wait :)

eddyb5
01-02-2014, 04:43 PM
Can't wait RID! :)

mrags
01-02-2014, 06:21 PM
i still dont really get it, i mean the stuff i could do before for free, will they keep free because i dont have a credit card and im still a kid so i wont be able to pay for it really. i hope someone will explain

Sand King
01-03-2014, 12:14 AM
i still dont really get it, i mean the stuff i could do before for free, will they keep free because i dont have a credit card and im still a kid so i wont be able to pay for it really. i hope someone will explain

I think RID says there will be free features to it after Genesis is released bud. I hope that clears it up for you a little. :)

It's in the op :cry

How much will it cost, and will there be a free version?

This is also still subject to change, but my plan is to make the basic stuff free, and charge for the human input service... So you could make bots for desktop games etc, where there's no need for humanlike input and have the mouse jump around the place... but to utilize your biometric data and tap into the 'human input' capabilities of this bot, you'll need to pay a monthly subscription (there will be three levels, depending on how heavily you plan to use the service).[/SIZE]

veronica
01-04-2014, 01:48 PM
when will we be able to use the bots again that have been working? i can't seem to continue 2 the botting itself after trying to log in, i should find more details about it on the forum?

Mechmeret
01-04-2014, 02:00 PM
when will we be able to use the bots again that have been working? i can't seem to continue 2 the botting itself after trying to log in, i should find more details about it on the forum?

If you had read the original post thoroughly, you'd know that once genesis is out, you'll be able to bot more or less anything on runescape, including what the old bots offered.

The estimated date for release on genesis is stated in the OP.

Zorro
01-04-2014, 11:02 PM
Does that mean if you record long enough it could do dungeoneering? :stare

n3k3m
01-05-2014, 06:23 AM
I think that's what it means, yeah.

sebbbbbbe
01-05-2014, 02:55 PM
Even though you are adding the genius will there still be away to bot for free on the old basic systems and why do the servers need to be down for 4-8 weeks? Because like now id like to be botting fishing. But surely you would get more interest if people were able to bot while waiting?

With the 4-8 weeks how many weeks are left?

Tythus
01-05-2014, 08:05 PM
Hi RiD,

Do you have any possible plans for making this callable by other programs via an API?

Trent!
01-06-2014, 12:08 AM
Even though you are adding the genius will there still be away to bot for free on the old basic systems and why do the servers need to be down for 4-8 weeks? Because like now id like to be botting fishing. But surely you would get more interest if people were able to bot while waiting?

With the 4-8 weeks how many weeks are left?

No. Any free usage of the program will not include human input or biometric data. Basically it would be like a really shitty, unsafe auto-clicker at that point. The bots are all down until Genesis is released for several reasons:

1. Why would RiD waste time trying to fix and maintain the obsolete bots AND simultaneously work on a futureproof botting system? He's better off focusing on the future than trying to tweak the past.
2. The old system was not exactly deemed safe, and RiD doesn't want to take chances there. He's being proactive by developing Genesis.
3. This new system is futureproof, like I said. It is revolutionary and unlike anything that has ever been made before, in any cheating community. RiD is better off focusing on Genesis instead of the old system.

And February or March is the current estimate.

Hi RiD,

Do you have any possible plans for making this callable by other programs via an API?

No.

cheesefatty
01-06-2014, 05:24 AM
since credits are going to be obsolete now, how might I go about get them refunded?

Orange!
01-06-2014, 05:26 AM
since credits are going to be obsolete now, how might I go about get them refunded?

I always understood you could still use credits. It's just more economical to do the subscription :idk

Green Viper
01-06-2014, 05:56 AM

Orange is correct. RiD stated that you'll still be able to use your remaining credits before you have to subscribe.

Tachycardia
01-07-2014, 03:17 AM
Didn't see that he extended time from last edit on Dec 31st to editing it yesterday. :( the wait will be worth it, but stupid impatience. :P lol

Trent!
01-07-2014, 05:14 AM

To be specific, credits will be usable at a rate of 1 credit per hour. Considering the capabilities of Genesis, this is actually a much better deal than the previous system.

silicon
01-07-2014, 11:26 AM
ermaguud

rsbot07
01-07-2014, 08:46 PM
Check last edit of op. it was updated again since then.

Yes I saw that but i don't think RiD changed much.

estonianbot
01-08-2014, 06:53 PM
Asking a stupid question just in case. Credits won't drain during all the hours that the bot uses to study your behavior/training patterns, right?

Solar
01-08-2014, 08:02 PM
Asking a stupid question just in case. Credits won't drain during all the hours that the bot uses to study your behavior/training patterns, right?

Of course not, that's like asking if the bot would have used credits while setting up a RiDiverse script or while inputting user log. :pf

estonianbot
01-09-2014, 01:55 AM
Of course not, that's like asking if the bot would have used credits while setting up a RiDiverse script or while inputting user log. :pf

Where is the "script" (set of instructions) data saved for this? Locally on your computer like with RiDiverse or on a server? It would be much more convenient to save this on servers to avoid having to transfer the files between computers.

Cedric
01-09-2014, 12:49 PM
Seriously guys check the list of people who viewed this thread.

Trent!
01-09-2014, 10:06 PM
Where is the "script" (set of instructions) data saved for this? Locally on your computer like with RiDiverse or on a server? It would be much more convenient to save this on servers to avoid having to transfer the files between computers.

I would assume locally, and we'll be able to share them manually, the same way we did with RiDiverse presets.

rsbot07
01-11-2014, 03:31 PM
Will we be able to make prodigies according to what we are doing. Example, if I am doing runecrafting, will it display xp per hour and runes crafted per hour?

richprofit
01-11-2014, 05:24 PM
Yes. Thank you so much for your hard work. I will for sure be paying for this.

CuseLax
01-13-2014, 10:06 PM
Can we get a more accurate time frame yet?

Green Viper
01-13-2014, 10:17 PM
Can we get a more accurate time frame yet?

All updated info will be put into the OP on this thread.

Todd!
01-13-2014, 10:53 PM
As you pay for the software, you will have an option to purchase a variety packages which allow you to use genesis a set amount of hours per day. The daily cap makes it impossible to run a gold farm larger than just a couple of accounts, which really isn't that profitable at all.

Having read through the pages, could anyone clarify/verify if Genesis theoretically could be run on 2/3/4/10000 accounts at the same time? If so, will this be allowed?

As GreenJacket stated, I'd like the opportunity to get filthy rich in Runescape and if i could run more than one account at the same time, this would be yet another reason to buy unlimited.

rsbot07
01-13-2014, 11:24 PM
Having read through the pages, could anyone clarify/verify if Genesis theoretically could be run on 2/3/4/10000 accounts at the same time? If so, will this be allowed?

As GreenJacket stated, I'd like the opportunity to get filthy rich in Runescape and if i could run more than one account at the same time, this would be yet another reason to buy unlimited.

You can run as many accounts as you want, but you will have a daily limit on the hours you can bot a day which will make it impossible to run more than 2-3 accounts for 24 hours each. and with unlimited, you still have a daily hour limit you just don't have to pay a monthy subscription fee.

D3mentions
01-14-2014, 02:21 AM
Will be a big step from what any other bot can offer .. Good job RiD cant wait :trollhappy :trollhappy :trollhappy

homie 4100
01-16-2014, 06:59 PM
Might actually have to come back for this. Very good thing I check RiD forums from time to time.

Think I need like 40 hours for my 1000?

Tythus
01-17-2014, 10:20 AM
No.

Oh ok it's just it would be nice for me to send I am at point x and I need to click point X please give me a path in an url the only reason why I ask this is I want to apply this to a puzzle solver on a different game and I don't think the current program will be sufficient for this.

Tachycardia
01-17-2014, 07:03 PM
Oh ok it's just it would be nice for me to send I am at point x and I need to click point X please give me a path in an url the only reason why I ask this is I want to apply this to a puzzle solver on a different game and I don't think the current program will be sufficient for this.

Not sure. I do know you would have to record yourself doing the puzzle a few times to even see if RID will work for that. But i think RID is good enough to solve the puzzles for you just as well imo. He is a good programmer and i wouldn't put it past him. :)

estonianbot
01-17-2014, 07:24 PM
Not sure. I do know you would have to record yourself doing the puzzle a few times to even see if RID will work for that. But i think RID is good enough to solve the puzzles for you just as well imo. He is a good programmer and i wouldn't put it past him. :)

Let's be realistic here. Processes that require intense thinking and problem solving will probably not be a part of Genesis. I am not saying that RiD isn't able to program something like this but each case is different. Making a program that knows how to solve any complicated problem you throw at it would need supreme artificial intelligence. Something that works in theory might not work in practice. How would the bot know why and how you reached certain conclusions and how you did something that required thinking many steps ahead? For example, a program might excel at chess but you can't teach it how to play poker just by showing it a few games. Genesis might mimic what you did but what happens when each case is different and there are millions of possibilities?
Obviously I don't know what kind of wizardry RiD has done but I think we have to be realistic and not expect Genesis to be able to handle any complicated task we throw at it.

RiD
01-17-2014, 07:47 PM
Let's be realistic here. Processes that require intense thinking and problem solving will probably not be a part of Genesis. I am not saying that RiD isn't able to program something like this but each case is different. Making a program that knows how to solve any complicated problem you throw at it would need supreme artificial intelligence. Something that works in theory might not work in practice. How would the bot know why and how you reached certain conclusions and how you did something that required thinking many steps ahead? For example, a program might excel at chess but you can't teach it how to play poker just by showing it a few games. Genesis might mimic what you did but what happens when each case is different and there are millions of possibilities?
Obviously I don't know what kind of wizardry RiD has done but I think we have to be realistic and not expect Genesis to be able to handle any complicated task we throw at it.

You wouldn't be able to do that from just recording a few hands, because poker is not repetitive enough, but the rules are fairly simple... so you could directly tell it how to play.
I'd need to make one small change to the current design to make that convenient to setup, so even if not in the initial version, it'll be able to play poker.

estonianbot
01-17-2014, 08:11 PM
You wouldn't be able to do that from just recording a few hands, because poker is not repetitive enough, but the rules are fairly simple... so you could directly tell it how to play.
I'd need to make one small change to the current design to make that convenient to setup, so even if not in the initial version, it'll be able to play poker.

What about bossing/pking where you need fast decision making and the ability to pedict your opponent's moves? :manic

or... what about a bot that predicts the trends of the bitcoin market based on an equation and buys/sells bitcoins (I would need this :troll)?

Tachycardia
01-18-2014, 08:35 AM
What about bossing/pking where you need fast decision making and the ability to pedict your opponent's moves? :manic

or... what about a bot that predicts the trends of the bitcoin market based on an equation and buys/sells bitcoins (I would need this :troll)?

I am glad that i commented on this. I love getting replies from RID himself. :D

I would like to know about the bossing thing Estonian brought up definitely.

rsbot07
01-18-2014, 10:10 AM
I am glad that i commented on this. I love getting replies from RID himself. :D

I would like to know about the bossing thing Estonian brought up definitely.

and slayer :thumbup

Tachycardia
01-18-2014, 11:15 AM
and slayer :thumbup

That would be pretty dang cool too. lol.

RiD
01-18-2014, 01:16 PM
It will be able to fight stuff, yeah, of course.
As for fighting players, that would need some small adjustments to the initial design, but no major obstacles to make it possible.

Fighting bosses would be similar, fighting bosses tends to require a strategy. Unless you fight the boss a few times, it's unlikely to pick up your strategy from a calibration session. You'd need to manually configure it.

Long story short, there's so many types of bosses and strategies, I cannot give a general answer, on what will be do-able in the initial version and what won't be. But Genesis will be an on-going project, updates will increase it's 'awareness' of things, and increase the complexity of tasks you can setup.

HarryK
01-18-2014, 01:22 PM

I just fucking love RIDs reply here. You can't teach it to play poker..."it'll be able to play poker" :')
Good man.

Dimalan
01-19-2014, 12:43 AM
Sort of halfway to the 4 week mark. Why do I count the days?! It's so difficult to contain my excitement at this point.

Will fusing calibration sessions be possible in the future? For example to combine data from several sessions collected from the same slayer task. Probably not as necessary for slayer since we like RiD says, we can manually configure it to suit our needs. I imagine something like dungeoneering would need lots and lots of data though from one session if we can't pool calibration data.

parkour
01-20-2014, 03:06 AM
It will be able to fight stuff, yeah, of course.
As for fighting players, that would need some small adjustments to the initial design, but no major obstacles to make it possible.

Fighting bosses would be similar, fighting bosses tends to require a strategy. Unless you fight the boss a few times, it's unlikely to pick up your strategy from a calibration session. You'd need to manually configure it.

Long story short, there's so many types of bosses and strategies, I cannot give a general answer, on what will be do-able in the initial version and what won't be. But Genesis will be an on-going project, updates will increase it's 'awareness' of things, and increase the complexity of tasks you can setup.

a bot that can boss....

my friends, the paradigm shift has come. runescape will finally be conquered. Bossing was the one and only thing keeping me playing endlessly. RID, you are going to save my life.

Essential
01-20-2014, 12:18 PM
Just be patient, the result will be there, and better than ever before, so it's more than worth waiting for. Also, the 4-8 weeks was an estimate, so don't shoot RiD if it's longer than that. It will eventually come, and I reckon it will all blow us away.

Tythus
01-21-2014, 04:30 PM

The main reason I ask is I'm shit at making good mouse movement but I have made my own puzzle solver already that can reliably read the sceen I just need to get the mouse movement right.

phrack3r
01-23-2014, 04:40 AM
now will this bot be able to mta in osrs? cause that would be awesome since im just getting back in to rs cant wait either way!

rsbot07
01-23-2014, 05:02 AM
now will this bot be able to mta in osrs? cause that would be awesome since im just getting back in to rs cant wait either way!

It will be able to bot any skill on rs3 or old school

Trent!
01-23-2014, 05:20 AM

And RS Classic. And other games too.

Mechmeret
01-23-2014, 11:25 PM
And RS Classic. And other games too.

And also non-gaming related tasks :thumbup

usnsbaby
01-25-2014, 12:28 AM
cant wait till its release will be one:nono: bad ass bot:cheesy:

jewboy69
01-25-2014, 01:18 AM

I can bot Dungeoneering with it?

:troll

Green Viper
01-25-2014, 03:04 AM
I can bot Dungeoneering with it?

:troll

Maybe. We'll have to wait and see.

BradleyLeathers
01-25-2014, 06:01 AM
How long does the maintenance on the bots usually take? I'm really anxious to try this out. Thanks, broskies.

Green Viper
01-25-2014, 06:15 AM
How long does the maintenance on the bots usually take? I'm really anxious to try this out. Thanks, broskies.

This isn't an ordinary maintenance. This is a new project, being built from the ground up. The ETA is 1-2 months from now.

BradleyLeathers
01-25-2014, 06:18 AM
Ah, so none of the bots are working until then? I'm sorry, just confused. Lol, the thing says 'error: Bots are under maintenance. Check forums for details.

Green Viper
01-25-2014, 06:21 AM
Ah, so none of the bots are working until then? I'm sorry, just confused. Lol, the thing says 'error: Bots are under maintenance. Check forums for details.

Welcome to the site! The first post in this thread explains everything you need to know. There aren't any bots available at the moment, but with Genesis, you'll be able to create bots just by recording yourself play.

BradleyLeathers
01-25-2014, 06:23 AM
Welcome to the site! The first post in this thread explains everything you need to know. There aren't any bots available at the moment, but with Genesis, you'll be able to create bots just by recording yourself play.

Oh, gotcha. I always join things at awkward times. Haha. I'm extremely anxious then to be able to use Genesis. I've played RuneScape on several accounts since 2004 and just never had the desire to grind out a 99.

Trent!
01-25-2014, 06:26 AM
Oh, gotcha. I always join things at awkward times. Haha. I'm extremely anxious then to be able to use Genesis. I've played RuneScape on several accounts since 2004 and just never had the desire to grind out a 99.

It'll be worth the wait, trust me.

Then you shall

Bot ALL the 99s!

BradleyLeathers
01-25-2014, 06:28 AM
It'll be worth the wait, trust me.

Then you shall

Bot ALL the 99s!

Lmao. That sounds appealing. So appealing that it hurts a little bit. I don't know what to do with my hands right now.

Trent!
01-25-2014, 06:29 AM
Lmao. That sounds appealing. So appealing that it hurts a little bit. I don't know what to do with my hands right now.

You could always :fap at the sexiness of Genesis :rich

BradleyLeathers
01-25-2014, 06:30 AM
You could always :fap at the sexiness of Genesis :rich

Lol, definitely. Lol. So, I take it I should stay away from Simba and crap like that, huh.

Trent!
01-25-2014, 06:34 AM
Lol, definitely. Lol. So, I take it I should stay away from Simba and crap like that, huh.

Yes. There is no system out there currently that is undetectable. Once Genesis is released it will be the only platform on the market that can truly make that claim.

BradleyLeathers
01-25-2014, 06:36 AM
Yes. There is no system out there currently that is undetectable. Once Genesis is released it will be the only platform on the market that can truly make that claim.

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome. SRL members make some pretty bold claims.

Trent!
01-25-2014, 06:42 AM
Awesome. Awesome. Awesome. SRL members make some pretty bold claims.

Yeah, I've conversed with quite a few of them. A bot is either detectable or undetectable.. there is no in between. With a detectable bot, it's a matter of 'when,' not 'if.' With RiD Genesis, it is truly a perfect system. It is futureproof to changes to Jagex's detection system. Even if Jagex produced a system that could perfectly differentiate between you (the owner of the account), another person using your account, or a bot, Genesis would show up under that system as you, not a bot, and not another person. You can't get anymore undetectable than showing up as the person who owns the account. :truestory

BradleyLeathers
01-25-2014, 06:49 AM
So genius. Walter White genius.

Pestilence
01-25-2014, 03:07 PM
I really can't wait for this. I'm hoping we'll see an update from Rid soon :D

axino
01-25-2014, 03:53 PM
Desperate (for this bot) to finish Livid Farm and MTA for comp cape :nuts:

iwantgoodskills
01-25-2014, 05:46 PM
Honestly cannot wait for this!

BradleyLeathers
01-25-2014, 09:38 PM
Why are all the bots disabled until the new one comes out?

rsbot07
01-25-2014, 09:49 PM

for the safety of your account

Green Viper
01-26-2014, 01:26 AM

RiD doesn't want to waste time updating the previous ones since Genesis will be able to do everything they could do and more.

MaMbA
01-27-2014, 04:35 PM
Is there any sort of indication of how much longer the release of Genesis could take approx? It's so hyped up i cant even control myself

nolk
01-27-2014, 10:08 PM
has there been any talk about how credits will transfer to subscription?

rsbot07
01-27-2014, 10:45 PM
Is there any sort of indication of how much longer the release of Genesis could take approx? It's so hyped up i cant even control myself

hopefully around march.

Green Viper
01-27-2014, 11:38 PM
has there been any talk about how credits will transfer to subscription?

Yes. 1 credit = 1 hour, you won't need a subscription until you run out of credits.

Celeph
01-29-2014, 10:22 AM
I am definitely looking forward to this bot! Unlimited ftw.

derpyderp
01-31-2014, 12:12 AM
so are all the bots offline while this is being updated? I'm trying to run some of the free trials :/

Trent!
01-31-2014, 12:45 AM
so are all the bots offline while this is being updated? I'm trying to run some of the free trials :/

All bots are offline. Genesis is not an "update," it's a next gen replacement for everything. When Genesis is released, there will be virtually no downtime. Maintenance like this is not common at all.

oilup
01-31-2014, 10:13 PM
There this thing called Genesis that's never coming if you haven't heard :agog

Fixed. You're welcome.

Green Viper
01-31-2014, 10:18 PM
Fixed. You're welcome.

That's what they said about RiD 2.0 and it... Oh wait... :troll

But in all seriousness, Genesis will arrive and it will be worth the wait.

Cedric
01-31-2014, 10:22 PM
Fixed. You're welcome.

If you think it's never coming I wonder why you're still around.

estonianbot
01-31-2014, 11:02 PM
I think it would be a great idea to keep us a bit more updated. Maybe RiD could give us some new info every week about the progress and perhaps technical challenges he has faced? something like a short blog attached to this thread perhaps? This would keep the impatient crowds at bay and give us RiDsters a bit of entertainment/stuff to speculate on. :truestory

oilup
01-31-2014, 11:14 PM
If you think it's never coming I wonder why you're still around.

Girl I'm just waiting for it to finally be released so I can enjoy my unlimited credits ;)

mso1ps2
02-01-2014, 07:08 AM
Hmm, how well would RiD Genesis perform with tasks such as dungeoneering?

Trent!
02-01-2014, 07:10 AM
Hmm, how well would RiD Genesis perform with tasks such as dungeoneering?

Only thing I can see not being possible with the first draft of the bot, is Dungeoneering. The first draft will aim to being able to bot anything that is repetitve, and Dungeoneering doesn't fall into that category.

Basically anything but Dungeoneering will be possible at first. More advanced stuff will come later.

So the first draft is not likely to support it, but over time Genesis' capabilities will expand, so Dung may be possible down the line.

seniorjulio
02-01-2014, 11:18 PM
soooo any new word about release dates or delays?

Trent!
02-01-2014, 11:19 PM
soooo any new word about release dates or delays?

The current ETA listed applies to present time. So Feb/March.

Spartizan
02-02-2014, 08:59 PM
can't wait to see what this brings :excited: might bring me back to the game

IIBLACKOPSII
02-03-2014, 10:10 PM
so the old rsbot of Rid is going to be down till the new update, or is it down temporalily? :oh::manic

rsbot07
02-03-2014, 10:12 PM
so the old rsbot of Rid is going to be down till the new update, or is it down temporalily? :oh::manic

The old bots will never come back. Genesis will replace all bots

IIBLACKOPSII
02-03-2014, 10:14 PM
Ok lad thanks! for the info, the approximately wait is 3-4 weeks right? till the new genesis bot? :enraptured

rsbot07
02-03-2014, 10:40 PM
Ok lad thanks! for the info, the approximately wait is 3-4 weeks right? till the new genesis bot? :enraptured

Yes :ok The wait will be worth it

TriniOli
02-06-2014, 11:09 PM
I'm so excited cause I already bought unlimited and still haven't even botted yet lol.

Tachycardia
02-06-2014, 11:11 PM
I'm so excited cause I already bought unlimited and still haven't even botted yet lol.

"I'm so excited! and i just can't hide it!"

TriniOli
02-06-2014, 11:23 PM
"I'm so excited! and i just can't hide it!"

Precisely that! :DDDD

santiago
02-11-2014, 12:24 PM
So, I'm new to the whole 'botting' thing in general. Just coming back to Runescape after years of inactivity, and apparently Jagex has deleted my account; I'll be damned if I'm going to grind all my 99s all over again. Ain't nobody got time for that shit. I'm really looking forward to experimenting with RiD's stuff, but how intuitive is the setup to someone who's completely unfamiliar with it? More importantly, how safe is this? Assuming I pay for the whole human imitation package, what are the odds of getting banhammered?

Tachycardia
02-11-2014, 01:05 PM
So, I'm new to the whole 'botting' thing in general. Just coming back to Runescape after years of inactivity, and apparently Jagex has deleted my account; I'll be damned if I'm going to grind all my 99s all over again. Ain't nobody got time for that shit. I'm really looking forward to experimenting with RiD's stuff, but how intuitive is the setup to someone who's completely unfamiliar with it? More importantly, how safe is this? Assuming I pay for the whole human imitation package, what are the odds of getting banhammered?

I find RID to be the safest bot out there. As for the human imitation, i would say that it will work very well and Jagex won't know how to react to this.

TriniOli
02-11-2014, 01:37 PM

Why did they delete it o.O

Epica
02-11-2014, 02:57 PM
Why did they delete it o.O

i botted all stats to 99, suicide botting (24/7) for 1 year no ban
then i used rid for its 99s 7 months straight 24/& no ban

then jagex had a bot sweep and i was banned.

i broke the guidelines to the extreme and it took them almost 2 years to catch me

if you follow rids guidelines you will be fine.

cup1dstunt
02-11-2014, 07:00 PM
Will this work for something like abyss runecrafting? Since its not exactly the same thing each run

Trent!
02-11-2014, 07:25 PM
Will this work for something like abyss runecrafting? Since its not exactly the same thing each run

With long enough calibration sessions and enough tweaks, yes.

RiD is designing Genesis to be as user friendly as possible. Genesis is the safest thing you'll ever find. Even under automated or manual inspection, your account would show up exactly the same as if you were playing legitimately. The chances of you being banned are virtually nonexistent. I've been here for nearly 4 years and I've botted up an amazing account worth hundreds of dollars, if not near 1000$.

Celeph
02-11-2014, 10:24 PM
I was curious about Genesis. While recording the bot, I am assuming that 'script' for lack of a better term, that will be recorded is saved to a file somewhere. Will this file be share-able with other members of the community? I.E. - Someone does a 3 hour session on say, Runespan to make the perfect bot, will that be share-able with the other members of the community?

Green Viper
02-11-2014, 10:25 PM
I was curious about Genesis. While recording the bot, I am assuming that 'script' for lack of a better term, that will be recorded is saved to a file somewhere. Will this file be share-able with other members of the community? I.E. - Someone does a 3 hour session on say, Runespan to make the perfect bot, will that be share-able with the other members of the community?

From the OP:

"Will I be able to download and share bots?

Yes, but when using a downloaded bot you will still need to record yourself play, in order to pick up biometric data.
For convenience, we may provide some pre-made bots similar to the old bots (which will become obsolete with this update), but you will be able to create bots for all the things we used to do, and more, with the Genesis platform."

Trent!
02-12-2014, 02:47 AM

That information would be called a "preset." The preset would essentially hold the instructions for whatever was being made, and it would be saved to a .txt file (assuming it follows the same idea that RiDiverse presets used). This .txt file can be shared with other users. However, calibration sessions would still be required to add a user's biometric data to the preset, allowing that training method to be executed with the human input that matches the RiD user themselves. So while bot presets can be shared, a calibration session must be completed by any user using any preset for it to have the human behavior that matches themselves.

Trevor.
02-12-2014, 02:59 AM
I don't know if this has been asked yet, but would it be possible to train dung? Or does that have too many different possibilities with the floors that you can't record enough data to build a script out of it?

Green Viper
02-12-2014, 03:31 AM
I don't know if this has been asked yet, but would it be possible to train dung? Or does that have too many different possibilities with the floors that you can't record enough data to build a script out of it?

I believe it was confirmed that it won't be possible at release, but it may be possible with some updates in the future.

nolk
02-12-2014, 03:37 AM
suspense is killing me, I need an efficient break from RS

reyrox101
02-12-2014, 03:38 AM
how do I get this bot working?

Trent!
02-12-2014, 03:39 AM
how do I get this bot working?

Read the first post. It clearly explains that all bots are down. It also explains everything you need to know about Genesis.

imesgaming
02-12-2014, 05:08 PM
How early is 2014 because we are in the 2nd month of 2014 and still not working?

Arctic
02-12-2014, 05:10 PM
If you would have read the first page it says aprox. 4-8 weeks from the last edit which was January 6th 2014.

seniorjulio
02-12-2014, 09:19 PM
If you would have read the first page it says aprox. 4-8 weeks from the last edit which was January 6th 2014.
i think what imesgaming was asking is for a recent progress report. It's been a month since the last update and we deserve to at least know whether there has been a stumbling block which will require another 4-8 weeks or if we're 4 weeks away today in accordance to when the post was updated. Not trying to be mean or impatient but some us paid $400 for the unlimited access.

Cedric
02-12-2014, 09:21 PM
i think what imesgaming was asking is for a recent progress report. It's been a month since the last update and we deserve to at least know whether there has been a stumbling block which will require another 4-8 weeks or if we're 4 weeks away today in accordance to when the post was updated. Not trying to be mean or impatient but some us paid $400 for the unlimited access.

I'll ask him to update or post the info here myself.

Trent!
02-13-2014, 12:48 AM

RiD will provide updates whenever he has them. For those who have been here for quite awhile (like myself, 4 years), we know that if RiD doesn't give us an update, it's because he's not ready to. The current estimate is March. Also, overexaggerating is not going to help you; the most expensive price for unlimited runs about ~330$ USD. Also, just because someone pays for unlimited doesn't give them the right to updates anymore than anyone else. I've purchased $300 worth of bots, donated over $200, and purchased Unlimited for $165. I've spent more money than most users on this site, and you'll find I'm also one of the more patient members whilst waiting for Genesis. Why? Because being here for 4 years has taught me many things, one of which is that bots will be here when they get here, and requesting updates or displaying any signs of impatience does nothing but harm yourself. Just relax, and wait. Go live your life during the wait, and fill each day with meaningful activities to keep your mind off Genesis. RiD will send out an email to everyone when it is released, so you needn't worry about missing the release date.

Tachycardia
02-13-2014, 07:53 AM
RiD will provide updates whenever he has them. For those who have been here for quite awhile (like myself, 4 years), we know that if RiD doesn't give us an update, it's because he's not ready to. The current estimate is March. Also, overexaggerating is not going to help you; the most expensive price for unlimited runs about ~330$ USD. Also, just because someone pays for unlimited doesn't give them the right to updates anymore than anyone else. I've purchased $300 worth of bots, donated over $200, and purchased Unlimited for $165. I've spent more money than most users on this site, and you'll find I'm also one of the more patient members whilst waiting for Genesis. Why? Because being here for 4 years has taught me many things, one of which is that bots will be here when they get here, and requesting updates or displaying any signs of impatience does nothing but harm yourself. Just relax, and wait. Go live your life during the wait, and fill each day with meaningful activities to keep your mind off Genesis. RiD will send out an email to everyone when it is released, so you needn't worry about missing the release date.

Regardless, we are all just dying to see what magic (great ai coding) RID comes up with on Genesis release. :P I'm not sure many people can deny that. I am especially excited to see how Genesis is on release, but time will only make the bot better as it gives RID time to perfect the bot to his standards, which have always been pretty nice. So i agree with you 100%!

xpkzreborn
02-13-2014, 11:04 PM
I think some are just a little anxious now that bots are getting banned pretty quick.

ohthehumanime
02-14-2014, 02:14 AM
Does anyone know if we'll be able to run Genisis inside TinyTinyBot on a Mac like the previous bots?

Trent!
02-14-2014, 02:17 AM
Does anyone know if we'll be able to run Genisis inside TinyTinyBot on a Mac like the previous bots?

Yes. (It will also be capable of running natively on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux)

ohthehumanime
02-14-2014, 02:19 AM
Yes. (It will also be capable of running natively on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux)

Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply, Trent!

Cloned Envy
02-14-2014, 06:37 PM
I've never tried the bot yet but from this i am defenatly going to :) :foreveralone

Mkdier
02-14-2014, 07:07 PM
So super stoked to use this bot can not wait!

Lendaz
02-15-2014, 10:46 PM
50m + xp to my 200m mage xp with the alcher =D

I hope start this bot with a 200m xp

Green Viper
02-16-2014, 07:11 AM
Can we get an update....

All the current information is in this thread. All updates will be added to this thread. There currently isn't any relevant information that isn't already in this thread.

RiD
02-16-2014, 11:41 AM
Just to give you a quick bulletin on where we are at with Genesis:

I'm finishing off the visual processing at the moment. Been getting a bit absorbed in making sure the bot is able to read animations which will add quite solidly to its overall intelligence.
Its a tricky area but definitely worthwhile doing.
After that it'll be on to the actual botmaking element of the software which in terms of volume is a lot smaller than the computer vision aspect.

4-8 weeks is a completely rough estimate, its just another way of saying its not imminent and its still not imminent, but finishing off the bot's vision and moving on to the botmaking aspect is a big step toward completion.

I will give you a further update once I get stuck in to the bot making/generation code, and then probably not long after that, I'll be able to give you a more solid release date.

Endy.
02-16-2014, 11:59 AM
Keep it up RiD!

The hype is huge :D

Celeph
02-16-2014, 12:58 PM

I'm finishing off the visual processing at the moment. Been getting a bit absorbed in making sure the bot is able to read animations which will add quite solidly to its overall intelligence.
After that it'll be on to the actual botmaking element of the software which in terms of volume is a lot smaller than the computer vision aspect.

4-8 weeks is a completely rough estimate, its just another way of saying its not imminent and its still not imminent, but finishing off the bot's vision and moving on to the botmaking aspect is a big step toward completion.

I will give you a further update once I get stuck in to the bot making/generation code, and then probably not long after that, I'll be able to give you a more solid release date.

Keep it up! When the end result comes, no one will even care about the long wait time! :D

Sean2525
02-16-2014, 01:33 PM
Outstanding, As I lurk the forums patiently waiting for the release - this gave me a huge sign of relief. I cant wait for further updates but this update gave me enough insight that this bot should be all around amazing. I know everyone else is on edge also, but time will perfect this bot. I dont mind waiting to use the bot myself I just cant wait to see this bot in action.

Tachycardia
02-21-2014, 07:54 PM
Thank you for updating the very first post with the info you had RID. Much appreciated.

cheatforme35
02-28-2014, 08:27 PM
Will you be releasing bots for old school 07 rs too?

Green Viper
02-28-2014, 08:58 PM
Will you be releasing bots for old school 07 rs too?

Genesis will work for Old School.

kylerodgers1994
03-01-2014, 03:44 PM
ETA remaining?

seniorjulio
03-01-2014, 05:40 PM
so does anyone know or can speculate to the compatibility of rid genesis with the dungeoneering skill? Like honestly. Who's getting 100m xp to get to 120 dung legit? i can't even fathom how many dungeons I would have to do.

Arctic
03-01-2014, 06:33 PM
so does anyone know or can speculate to the compatibility of rid genesis with the dungeoneering skill? Like honestly. Who's getting 100m xp to get to 120 dung legit? i can't even fathom how many dungeons I would have to do.

So the first draft is not likely to support it, but over time Genesis' capabilities will expand, so Dung may be possible down the line.

So it probably won't be able to do Dung when its first released but with updates that come later there is a good chance it will.

CuseLax
03-01-2014, 10:58 PM
Who knows anymore, I'm still baffled how this was expected in December and now its March.

Aufi
03-01-2014, 11:05 PM
Who knows anymore, I'm still baffled how this was expected in December and now its March.

RiD has stated before that it's impossible to make ETAs and he prefers not to make them at all. It's incredibly hard to predict when a project of this magnitude is ready for launch.

yourock
03-01-2014, 11:16 PM
Sorry, I haven't been playing since September, but why can't we use the older version until he launches this new project? Did Jagex wise up to how to detect the bots? Have you guys really not been botting while waiting on RiD?

bishop_161
03-02-2014, 12:05 AM
Sorry, I haven't been playing since September, but why can't we use the older version until he launches this new project? Did Jagex wise up to how to detect the bots? Have you guys really not been botting while waiting on RiD?

The older version as requiring patches ever week. By cutting off the old one, RiD can put all his focus into the new one.

Zoar
03-02-2014, 04:58 AM
I was using an alternate account for botting just to test the waters and after a week of using powerbot relatively smartly (around 8 hours a day doing varied things)I was banned. I'd avoid it if I were you.

jewboy69
03-02-2014, 11:21 AM

But Dungeoneering is fun..

Tachycardia
03-02-2014, 11:38 AM
But Dungeoneering is fun..

Until you are a high level like 99+ and tired of the same repetative crap.

But RID said that Genesis will be able to pool data, so in theory, dungeoneering will be possible down the road.

Soo
03-02-2014, 08:48 PM
Guess i came back at a good time. Looks pretty damn solid. Can't wait.