PDA

View Full Version : powershell

church
01-28-2018, 06:56 AM
no programming experience. thinking of working first on powershell. my understanding is that powershell is less a programming language and more of a way to interact with windows. that is a context i have experience in. so it would be worth some time i think. i would appreciate any thoughts or opinions. Am I understanding what I'm talking about?

Trent!
01-28-2018, 09:19 AM
PowerShell is a scripting language that is typically used in automating activities in Windows. It's a valuable language to know, although as a scripting language, it's less about making applications and more about reducing manual effort in repetitive tasks.

church
01-28-2018, 06:44 PM
ok. the only tasks i could think of had to do with group policy. i never even succeeded in setting up a template which did more good than bad. so i never had a foundation to build on. and that was that. what other things would you want in a home pc connected to a vm domain server. things must get complex for there to be big books on it.

i could answer my own questions by rtfm i guess :ok

Trent!
01-28-2018, 11:50 PM
ok. the only tasks i could think of had to do with group policy. i never even succeeded in setting up a template which did more good than bad. so i never had a foundation to build on. and that was that. what other things would you want in a home pc connected to a vm domain server. things must get complex for there to be big books on it.

i could answer my own questions by rtfm i guess :ok

I would say that's its definitely one of those languages that you're best off finding a book on. There's a lot you can do with it, but finding where to start can be difficult without a textbook's help.