Page 465 of 465 FirstFirst ... 365415455463464465
Results 4,641 to 4,644 of 4644

Thread: Development Diary: RiD Genesis, a new botting platform

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RiD View Post
    Yeah that's not quite right Trent, the bot does support simple non linear skills like you described, but you need to be quite rigid about your endpoint when it comes to navigation (you can click the map multiple times, but not too near the edge, and try to finish at roughly the same grid square each time) and make the trip 4+ times during calibration.

Also there may be some locations the bot can't map successfully at the moment, I would say navigation needs more debugging. But the non linear aspect shouldn't be a problem.
    Forgive me if I come across as blunt... but hasn't this been a Work In Progress for like 5 years... and it can still only do bankable skills (or very limited non bankable)? I'm confused - do you see this bot being fully functional in the medium-term? (was just about to sign up until I saw this post).

Veteran Member  
     $5 Credit    Premium: 3000->5000 hours used  Free Bots: 500->750 hours used  99 Fletch 99 Thieving 99 Cook 99 Hp 99 Strength 99 Smith 99 Mager 
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It depends on your capabillities to be honest. The bot is capable to do a fair bit, but to expect a complicated bot as your first bot is unrealistic. There is an art to making a foolproof bot with this, so it is a commitment to understanding and trying (and trying again and again) to understand what you are trying to do, how to do it, and how to replicate it with the bot.

I only play RS3, so it is different than a lot of the other players doing OSRS, but I have probably 25-30 bots of my own (made in RiD), and only probably 6-7 of them are bankstanding ones. Probably 10 are fairly stationary (moving 1-5 spots, but having everything in view all the time), and the rest are walking bots (simpler tasks like combat).

So, I will warn you it isn't terribly intuitive and there will be times when you are like "I've done it perfect. There is no way this shouldn't work, it must be that the bot is broken".... and not like 2-3 times remaking the bot, you'll think through it again, and find it was actually your logical mistake.

There are others on the forums who are VERY helpful in getting things worked out, etc, BUT I would caution you to not buy membership and immediately ask for hands-on help. People will be a whole lot more personable and helpful when they clearly understand you've tried breaking down the logic to the bare essence, and confirmed all of your graphical settings 100%.

3. Trent!, RiD thanked for this post
    Iron Rain, Anthony1994, iStokee liked this post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by church View Post
    the people who take time to learn to master it are getting capes. so, really good for those putting in some effort, and less so for those having a hard time learning it or just don't have the time.
    RiD is continuing work and it will be easier and better with time.
    This might seem like a stupid question, but are people having more success in RS3 or OSRS? I check in every now and then (like... months/years lol) to see what's going on, but I see what seems like inconsistency. I was going to give it a shot when they opened up the beta, but once I saw people getting banned I decided to give it a long wait until things were sorted out.
    We're all growing old

Teamviewin' Trent  
       Merchant   $200 Credit    Premium: 3000->5000 hours used  Free Bots: 1000->1500 hours used  99 Firemaking 99 Fishing 99 Fletch 99 Wc 99 Thieving 99 Crafting 99 Con 99 Cook 99 Miner 99 Defence 99 Strength 99 Attack 99 Smith 99 Mager 
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ac3ssd3n13d View Post
    This might seem like a stupid question, but are people having more success in RS3 or OSRS? I check in every now and then (like... months/years lol) to see what's going on, but I see what seems like inconsistency. I was going to give it a shot when they opened up the beta, but once I saw people getting banned I decided to give it a long wait until things were sorted out.
    More people play OSRS and therefore more people bot OSRS. However, RS3 offers some mechanics that make it easier to bot (such as using the ability bar to complete certain actions, or using bank presets, etc.)
    My ONLY Discord is trent#8258. Never trade me from anything else!