Thread: My IP. (Minecraft)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My IP. (Minecraft)

Hey everyone. No, I'm not back, but I have a question regarding my IP addresses, and I couldn't think of a better place to get help quickly than here. Alright, So my old router couldn't handle servers. I recently got a new high performance router that is able to. I've gotten my Minecraft server up and running. There is just one problem. I don't want to just openly say on youtube (Where I'll be posting my server to 1000+ Subs) My IP Address. Is there any way I can change this for my server? I check on my old VM, and the IP is the same, because it deals with the router, rather than the computer. So my two questions are: Is it safe to just tell my IP to people? and how can I change it for the sake of my server? Thanks guys.

Super-Duper Mod 
    Merchant   $200 Credit    Premium: 2000->3000 hours used  Free Bots: 200->300 hours used  99 Fletch 99 Wc 99 Con 99 Miner 99 Strength 99 Range 99 Smith 99 Mager 
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    99% of people won't even know what to do with the IP and like you said you got a good router and it should have a built in Firewall installed as well. Someone trying to even do anything would have to first know what is even possible with an IP address and then also know how to get past firewalls/blocked ports. You should be safe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks, Ed

Inactive Member 
    $10 Credit    Premium: 300->500 hours used  Free Bots: 100->200 hours used  99 Fletch 99 Wc 99 Crafting 99 Cook 99 Mager 
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    On my server i have an address that i can hand out, that redirects them to my server rather than handing out the ip, if this is what you are looking for pm me.

Super-Duper Mod 
    Merchant   $200 Credit    Premium: 2000->3000 hours used  Free Bots: 200->300 hours used  99 Fletch 99 Wc 99 Con 99 Miner 99 Strength 99 Range 99 Smith 99 Mager 
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazime View Post
    On my server i have an address that i can hand out, that redirects them to my server rather than handing out the ip, if this is what you are looking for pm me.
    Mazime pm me as well please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwtard View Post
    Mazime pm me as well please.
    His method is amazing, It works. My server is now laan.no-ip.org

Super-Duper Mod 
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ink Foxclaw View Post
    His method is amazing, It works. My server is now laan.no-ip.org
    Can you pm me the method please?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwtard View Post
    Can you pm me the method please?
    Yay eds looking into it i love you