Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344

Thread: Rate the Last Movie You Saw.

Lifetime ViP  
     $200 Credit    Premium: 1500->2000 hours used  Free Bots: 200->300 hours used  Guideline Breaker   99 Fletch 99 Herblore 99 Hp 99 Defence 99 Mager 
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    American Psycho

9/10

+ Christian Bale is total bae in this movie. Great acting
    + Satire is so satisfying.
    + Yippie culture and all it's negatives are shown so well.

The Only Pker ----->Garaa [Dragon Nite on sythe.org]

New Sig from Monica , did some math work for me and even added this new signature. What a swell guy.

Merchant   Premium: 3000->5000 hours used  Free Bots: 20->100 hours used  99 Firemaking 99 Fletch 99 Wc 99 Prayer 99 Strength 99 Attack 99 Range 99 Mager 
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Reviving this old thread.

Hostiles - 6 or 7 out of 10. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5478478/

Went in with low expectations, didn't see the trailer and didn't even know it existed until GF pointed it out at the theater.

Story was what you'd expect from a western, wasn't terribly original. Christian Bale and Rosamund Pike made it worth the ticket price, amazing performances by both. One of Bales better performances of his career (not THE best, but its one of them).

Great acting, great musical score, great cinematography.

edit: after watching the trailer for it, skip it if you can. Just like most trailers these days it shows too much imo.

90+ Feedback, over 1B sold.

99s with Genesis Beta:

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Ingrid Goes West 5/10

4. Early, Jason.., Mr. Bijenglos liked this post
     Merchant   Premium: 3000->5000 hours used  Free Bots: 20->100 hours used  99 Firemaking 99 Fletch 99 Wc 99 Prayer 99 Strength 99 Attack 99 Range 99 Mager 
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Ready Player One.

I only watched the first trailer for it, it didn't really appeal to me from that, but It was better than I thought it would be.

90+ Feedback, over 1B sold.

99s with Genesis Beta:

7. T0aken, iStokee liked this post
    Perseus-Pegasus galactic filament, Pista-Keta supercluster complex, Local 13 GLXY +/- matter cluster
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110413/
    Léon: The Professional (1994)

It's great, although the AAC codec gave me trouble with the audio track (it defaults to Russian and the English one won't play for whatever reason).
    After all this trouble I might as well try learn some phrases in Russian...As for the movie itself, let's just say if all the 12-year old fans drooling over my experience gains were this cool, I might not give up on the goal of 200 meters in all skills after all, even though it takes like over 9000 Giga-years of spam-clicking pixelated fishing spots and logs and rune crafting altars. The only thing that I regret is that is that I should have started playing while watching the movie like 17.3236 nanoseconds earlier, because I have multiple screens. However I will compensate with faster maximum experience rates in all skills, which are slightly higher than what you thought they were. Leon the Professional gives a good and objective, unbiased comparison between RuneScape and the real life MMORPG. Their skillsets differ slightly. When it is usually said that there is no magic skill in real life, you could put this up for debate after the film. Also, there is an education skill which is emphasized very strongly. In fact, most real-life accounts are forced to spend years on tutorial island memorizing trivia about the real life fictional universe, before they can freely explore the game area. In addition, real life has a love skill, whereas RS does not. Real life skills are often slower paced, as it takes dozens of years for a tree to grow (or a plant, as per the example of the flick), instead of just four hours, and it takes hours to light a fire instead of the 2.4 seconds in RuneScape. The goals of the game differ in several ways. For example, in RS the goal is to increase your pixelated experience so that your rank decreases and your army of 12-year old fans drooling over your binary coolness increases infinitely in proportion to your pixelated gains. The goal of the real life MMORPG on the other hand is unknown. Some people believe, that the goal is to discover as much fictitious information about the real life fictional universe as possible. Others believe, that the goal is to worship invisible people in the sky. Many others believe that the point is to train the love skill and make new baby accounts although this doesn't even answer the question, since the new accounts end up right back where you started at. All-in-all, the two MMORPGs tie on this point of consideration, because neither one seems to have any rational purpose whatsoever. It is also rumored, that there are more players on hidden alien servers. Well worth the watch!
    Last edited by Kribu; 05-27-2019 at 09:19 AM. Reason: edited codec from AC3 to AAC (had it wrong initially), grammar correction.
    Mission Statement: "End subjugation of humanity under Entropic yoke of clandestine and/or paraterrestrial agencies through technological, informational, and spiritual empowerment of individuals employing, but not exploiting, the synergistic leveraging of enterprise level subversion."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The last movie I saw was The Call of the Wild. The film is very spectacular, animated dogs are good, you accept them, they are surprisingly expressive. And landscapes are generally fascinating. The film is definitely worth a look, especially with children aged 8-10.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Pursuit of HappyNess - 9/10. Quite motivating.