Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Minimize Your Bot 4.4

Teamviewin' Trent  
       Merchant   $200 Credit    Premium: 3000->5000 hours used  Free Bots: 1000->1500 hours used  99 Firemaking 99 Fishing 99 Fletch 99 Wc 99 Thieving 99 Crafting 99 Con 99 Cook 99 Miner 99 Defence 99 Strength 99 Attack 99 Smith 99 Mager 
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

How to Minimize Your Bot 4.4

How to Minimize Your Bot 4.4 R1
    Last Update: 3/25/2019

Why did I undergo this project?
    Spoiler: 
    I wanted RiD users to have a long-term solution for minimizing their bots, with minimal hassle. In versions 1-3, Windows XP was used (Thanks to Adam). This sufficed for some time. However, Windows XP is no longer supported by Java or Microsoft. Therefore, I have retired XP altogether and released a Windows 7 version instead. This grants greater performance, increased project longevity, and greater compatibility.

I have dedicated over 1000 hours to this project over the course of many months, and I pay annual subscription costs for professional development software. Any donations are greatly appreciated!

IT IS IMPORTANT TO CAREFULLY READ THIS ENTIRE GUIDE AND FOLLOW IT AS WRITTEN. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY LEAD TO ERRORS AND/OR THE INABILITY TO BOT SUCCESSFULLY.
    READ THE TROUBLESHOOTING SECTION BEFORE POSTING ABOUT AN ERROR.

1. Requirements - Workstation 15
    Spoiler: 
    Recommended Hardware

• Quad-core CPU or better (4th Generation Hyperthreaded i7 or better highly recommended)
    • AMD-V/INTEL VT-x Support
    • 2.0GHz or faster
    • 8GB RAM or above
    • Workstation 15 Pro requires a 64-bit CPU & 64-bit host OS
    • 15GB storage space per VM

OS Requirements
    • Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Windows Server 2012
    • Windows Server 2008
    • Ubuntu 15.04 and above
    • Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and above
    • CentOS 7 and above
    • Oracle Linux 7 and above
    • openSUSE Leap 42.2 and above
    • SUSE Linux 13 and above
    • Mac OS X users will need to use VMWare Fusion 11. This guide does not cover setup on Fusion. This will be added in the future

2. What is TinybotW7?
    Spoiler: 
    Tinybot was originally designed by @Adam many years ago specifically for the use of botting with RiD in a virtual machine. This allows RiD users to use a familiar yet lightweight OS with their VMs to minimize their bots. Adam produced versions 1 through 2.5, and I have taken the liberty of updating it since v3.0. Versions 1-3 were slimmed down versions of Windows XP Professional, whereas v4.4 R1 is a slimmed down version created from a genuine 64-bit copy of Windows 7 Ultimate.

Features
    1. English language and keyboard only. (Complete)
    2. All games and unneeded accessories are removed. (Complete)
    3. All drivers for non-VM devices are removed. (Complete)
    4. There is very limited program functionality (EX: Office may not work, programs that rely on certain windows features may not function correctly).
    5. Requires no interaction during initial install. (Complete)
    6. Has shortcuts on the desktop that launch the bots in realtime priority. (In Progress)
    7. Includes Chocolatey, Mozilla Firefox, .NET Framework 4.7.2, Java, WinRAR, TeamViewer, OSRS client, RS3 client, and VMWare Tools. (Complete)
    8. Supports OSBuddy and Konduit (Complete) (Although currently not supported by RiD)
    9. RuneLite support (Untested)
    10. Used only 550mb of RAM when idling after setup has completed and restarted. (Complete)
    11. Occupies less than 4GB of disk space post-install (Complete)
    12. 3.57GB of Windows junk removed. (Hoping to remove more in future versions)
    13. Includes a rollup of Windows Updates up to October of 2018 (Complete)
    14. Chocolatey keeps Mozilla Firefox, Java, WinRAR, TeamViewer, and VMWare Tools up-to-date (Completed)
    15. Mozilla Firefox, OSRS client, and RS3 client preloaded into the taskbar (Complete)
    16. Mozilla Firefox is set to be the default browser and comes with Robotz in Disguise forum page as the homepage (Complete)
    17. Check Tinybot Version shortcut on desktop will tell you which version of Tinybot you're using.
    18. Resolution is automatically set to 1280x720 after setup is complete. (Complete)

3. Installing VMWare
    Spoiler: 
    TinybotW7 is specifically designed for VMWare, but I have included the drivers for Parallels, VirtualBox, and Hyper-V. I cannot guarantee it will work on those hypervisors, but please let me know your results if you try. Because I've removed a lot of drivers, it will not work on physical machines. These are the following steps for installing VMWare:

1. You will begin by downloading and installing VMWare Workstation Pro 15 Trial. Should your trial end, send me a PM (HERE) and I will explain your licensing options.
    2. DOWNLOAD VMWARE WORKSTATION PRO 15 TRIAL (~512MB)
    3. Simply run the installer, accept any terms and conditions, and click next through the installation process. Press Finish instead of License at the end of the installation menu.

4. Downloading TinybotW7 & Creating Your Virtual Machine
    Spoiler: 

1. DOWNLOAD TINYBOTW7 v4.4 R1 (0.99GB) (MD5 - c806e060619ed6861c43691f6a725c50, SHA-1 - 02660284f26000a1b58e06ee3dcfc0fe4e93bd2b, SHA-256 - bd2a5d2385ebc51cb0cdbcdc923e566415d4c91a6ad63b243a df28bf13e320c9)
    2. Save the file to any location on your C:\ drive. If you're a Mac user, your desktop is fine.
    3. Double click 'TinybotW7_v4.4_R1.ova'. If prompted for a program to open it with, select VMWare Workstation. You will shown the following menu. Select 'Import.'
      Spoiler: 
    4. If you see the following menu, check the 'Do not show this message again.' box and select 'Retry.'
      Spoiler: 
    5. Select 'Upgrade this virtual machine' and then click 'Next'
      Spoiler: 
    6. Change Hardware Compatibility to 'Workstation 15.x'
      Spoiler: 
    7. Select 'Alter this virtual machine' and click 'Next,' then 'Finish,' then 'Close'
      Spoiler: 
    8. Click on 'Edit virtual machine settings' and under the 'Display' category, ensure 'Accelerate 3D graphics' is checked, Graphics memory is set to 1 GB, and 'Automatically adjust user interface size in the virtual machine' under Display scaling is disabled.
      Spoiler: 
    9. Click 'OK'.

5. TinybotW7 Installation
    Spoiler: 
    These are the following steps for installing TinybotW7 (Initial installation should take about 10-15 minutes, and the post-setup install will vary depending on your internet speed):

1. If you are running Windows 10, it is highly recommended to change Display Scaling (Start -> Change display settings -> Scale and layout) to 100%. This will significantly improve performance if you are using multiple monitors or a monitor above 1080p. Alternatively, if you're willing to allocate additional RAM and graphics memory to your VM, you can accomplish a similar performance result by doing that and increasing the VM's resolution. Regardless of which route you take, it is VERY important that 'Automatically adjust user interface size in the virtual machine' under Display scaling is disabled as detailed in step 4.8.
    2. Select 'Power on this virtual machine'
      Spoiler: 
    3. While you wait for installation to complete, go to 'Edit' -> 'Preferences -> Input.' Set 'Optimize mouse for games' to 'Always,' and make the other options match the picture, then click 'Okay.' This is a very important step because it makes using a VM safer and reduces the risk of ban. THIS REQUIRES YOU TO PRESS CONTROL + ALT TO LEAVE YOUR VM. YOU CAN ENTER YOUR VM BY CLICKING INSIDE OR PRESSING CONTROL + G
      Spoiler: 
    4. After installation is complete, you will see your desktop. A setup script will begin. This should be automated and your keyboard and mouse input will be disabled during this step. If you receive an error saying .NET failed to install, reboot the VM. If any other errors occur, you will be notified with a message box and your keyboard and mouse will be re-enabled. The script will restart your VM automatically when completed. The log file is located at C:\Windows\Logs\TBSetup.log
      Spoiler: 
    5. After the OS has booted back up, you will notice the resolution of the VM has increased to 1280x720. Feel free to keep it the same or expand it to your needs. Chocolatey will check for updates for Mozilla Firefox, WinRAR, Java, TeamViewer, and VMWare Tools at each startup.
    6. You're done! Congratulations!

6. Troubleshooting
    Spoiler: 
    1. How do I make my screen bigger?
    Spoiler: 
    Start -> Control Panel -> Display -> Settings -> Change to your desired resolution. By default the VM will use 1280x720, which is the minimum recommended resolution.
    2. I'm unable to connect to the internet using NAT mode.
    Spoiler: 
    You may require some additional steps. Follow this guide on your host computer: http://techshangrila.blogspot.sg/201...n-problem.html
    3. When I try to update VMWare Tools I get the following error:

"The installed version of VMWare tools is not up to date, and 3D graphics are disabled. Log in to the guest operating system and click "update tools" to enable 3d graphics."

OR

"Update tools failed, edit the virtual machine's vmx file, add the line below and try again. Please read KB article 1714 on tips for editing a vmx file."
    Spoiler: 
    Turn off your virtual machines, and in VMWare, go to Edit -> Prefences -> Updates -> Check the box for 'Automatically update VMWare Tools on a virtual machine.' VMWare Tools should be installed the next time you turn on your VM. If you experience any problems after doing this, you can uncheck this box later.
    4. When I try to start my VM I get this error: "VMware Workstation unrecoverable error: (vcpu-0) vcpu-0:VERIFY vmcore/vmm/main/cpuid.c:XXX"

OR

This virt
    ual machine is configured for 64-bit guest operating systems. However, 64-bit operation is not possible. This host supports Intel VT-x, but the Intel VT-x is disabled.

OR

This host supports Intel VT-x, but Intel VT-x is disabled.

Intel VT-x might be disabled if it has been disabled in the BIOS/firmware settings or the host has not been power-cycled since changing this setting.

(1) Verify that the BIOS/firmware settings enable Intel VT-x and disable 'trusted execution.'

(2) Power-cycle the host if either of these BIOS/firmware settings have been changed.

(3) Power-cycle the host if you have not done so since installing VMware Workstation.

(4) Update the host's BIOS/firmware to the latest version.
    Spoiler: 
    Follow these instructions (Includes instructions for both AMD and Intel processors): https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/faq/a...tx-and-amd-svm

7. FAQ
    Spoiler: 
    Will this work with updates?
    The ISO includes a complete update rollup to October of 2018. Windows Update has been removed from the OS, but every new version of Tinybot comes with a complete rollup. For security reasons, it is highly recommended to update to the newest version of Tinybot every few months.
    8. Changelog
    Spoiler: 
    Tinybot Windows 7

I've created a Trello page for TinybotW7.

For those who don't know, Trello is a website/application used for tracking project status. This allows viewers to visually see an accurate depiction of the progress I'm making on not only TinybotW7 in general, but also on individual tasks I'm working on for each version. This allows you guys to have an idea of how close I am to releasing new versions, and also to get an idea what kind of features I'm planning to release in the future.

Note: Currently not updated with v4.4 R1 changes.

https://trello.com/b/anQ6jmau/tinybotw7

Stretch Goals (No ETAs)
    Add custom wallpaper (May need to search for a new artist)
    Include an installer for Genesis (as well as desktop icons)
    Add a custom theme that matches the custom wallpaper
    Add RuneLite/OSBuddy/Konduit installer files (Postponed)
    Add support for NXT client

V4.4 R1 (Trent!)
    --Add a file that allows the user to check which version of TinybotW7 they are currently using
    --Introduced PowerShell script for a fully automated setup process
    --Include Chocolatey, which allows for automated install of many programs
    --Installs Mozilla Firefox, WinRAR, Java 8, TeamViewer, and VMWare Tools with Chocolatey
    --Sets Mozilla Firefox's homepage to http://www.robotzindisguise.com/forum/forum.php
    --Automatically set Firefox as default browser
    --OSRS and RS3 client are now installed automatically
    --Fixed Windows Activation script
    --Now uses .NET 4.7.2 instead of 4.6.8
    --Re-added Internet Explorer to allow for 64-bit Java installation
    --Re-added Diagnostics and Troubleshooting, as well as System File Check feature re-added
    --Re-added drivers for Hyper-V, Parallels, and VirtualBox (Not tested)
    --Re-added Event Log and Event Viewer
    --Re-added the following keyboard languages: Dutch, Luxembourgish, Finnish with Sami, United States-International, United States-Dvorak, United States-Dvorak for left hand, United States-Dvorak for right hand, Danish, French, German, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
    --Re-added Remote Access Connection Manager, Remote Desktop Client, Remote Desktop Server, Remote Assistance, Remote Desktop Services, Remote Registry
    --Re-added File sharing support, Simple TCP/IP Services, SMB Server Common, SMB Server v1 & v2, and SMB v1 & v2
    --Re-added Sticky Notes
    --Re-added Sysprep
    --Re-added PowerShell
    --Re-removed Windows Update
    --Removed 32-bit Photo Viewer
    --Added USB 3.0 drivers
    --Computer Name is now randomized
    --Slipstreamed Windows Updates to October of 2018 into the ISO
    --Now only 1 restart is required
    --File size is reduced down to 0.99GB
    --Post-install size increased to 5.15GB
    --Updated VM settings to 2 CPU and 1 thread and 4096MB of RAM
    --Updated to work with VMWare Workstation 15 and Fusion 11

V4.3S (Trent!)

V4.3 (Trent!)

V4.2.1 (Trent!)

v4.2 (Trent!)

v4.1 (Trent!)

v4.0 (Trent!)

Tinybot Windows XP (Retired)
    Spoiler: 

v3.0 (Trent!)
    --Updated Java
    --Updated Flash Player
    --Replaced Google Chrome with Mozilla
    --Replaced Guest Additions with VMWare Tools
    --Replaced WinRAR with 7-zip
    --Altered design for VMWare instead of VirtualBox

v2.5 (Adam)
    --Updated Bot to Universal Credit Bot
    --Removed Runescape Client
    --Auto Install of Google Chrome
    --Guest Additions Pre-Installed

v2.00 (Adam)
    --Added Bots.
    --Added Flash.
    --Updated Java.
    --Added Shortcuts.
    --Added Hotfixes.
    --Removed Extra Drivers.
    --Removed Extra Windows Services.

If you experience any issues not mentioned in the guide, please post them and if they are common enough, I will add them to the guide.

Acknowledgements
    Spoiler: 
    I wanted to thank @Adam for giving me a great foundation and doing most of the work on the XP version of Tinybot. You gave me the much needed inspiration to pick up the project and continue on to the newest versions. I also want to thank @Twinki, as he gave me a massive amount of advice and help in the beginning, and without that help I don't think I'd have been able to complete the project anywhere near as quickly as I did. I also appreciate @Aufi for giving me a copy of Tiny7. Studying this allowed me to produce ridiculously small ISOs. I wanted to also thank @RiD for producing bots glorious enough to motivate me to endeavor this project so that his users would have a convenient way to use it. Because of this motivation, I've dived deep into areas of software technology I would have never explored otherwise. Thank you @Owain Jones; for investing into the project by paying for my NTLite license and allowing me to shrink the ISO even further! Thank you @cancer5; for finding the mouse setting mentioned in step 5.2, allowing users to bot more safely.

Last edited by Trent!; 05-15-2019 at 11:43 PM.
    My ONLY Discord is trent#8258. Never trade me from anything else!

Motherlover 
     Merchant   $200 Credit    Premium: 2000->3000 hours used  Free Bots: 750->1000 hours used  99 Firemaking 99 Fishing 99 Fletch 99 Herblore 99 Wc 99 Thieving 99 Crafting 99 Cook 99 Agility 99 Miner 99 Hp 99 Defence 99 Strength 99 Attack 99 Smith 99 Mager 
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Adam says Minimize The Bot Version 2!!!Adam says Change Your Public IP!!!
    The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power.
    PowerEdge R805, SuperMicro SC846, Dell TL4000

4. Trent! thanked for this post
    Teamviewin' Trent  
       Merchant   $200 Credit    Premium: 3000->5000 hours used  Free Bots: 1000->1500 hours used  99 Firemaking 99 Fishing 99 Fletch 99 Wc 99 Thieving 99 Crafting 99 Con 99 Cook 99 Miner 99 Defence 99 Strength 99 Attack 99 Smith 99 Mager 
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Much thanks to you sir, would not have been possible with you

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    What are the advantages of using your tiny bot iso over a light weight Linux distribution such as peppermint?

Teamviewin' Trent  
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Viper View Post
    What are the advantages of using your tiny bot iso over a light weight Linux distribution such as peppermint?
    Tinybot 3.0 has everything you need preinstalled. It also is Windows, so it will support more than just RS. It's also Windows so just about everyone knows how to use it.

Yes, linux has many benefits over any windows OS, however, Linux is less user friendly, requires a learning curve, and additional initial knowledge to use. I made Tinybot 3.0 because I want to minimize the requirement of learning new things in order to start botting and minimizing Genesis. The less roadblocks between a new user and botting, the better.

Lifetime ViP  
    Merchant   $200 Credit    Premium: 300->500 hours used  Free Bots: 20->100 hours used  99 Wc 99 Hp 99 Defence 99 Strength 99 Attack 99 Mager 
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Well written. I cannot wait to see this revised when we are able to use Genesis. Thanks again for this, It's a very nice feature to add to a computer for RID.

10. Trent! thanked for this post
    Lifetime ViP  
    $200 Credit    Premium: 3000->5000 hours used  Free Bots: 300->500 hours used  99 Thieving 99 Cook 99 Agility 99 Mager 
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I have a problem connecting to internet with VM. I recently bought a new laptop, and installed virtualbox with tinybot 2.5 and couldn't get the internet within the vm to work. Now I installed this following the instructions, and even with this, still can't connect to internet through this VM. Any suggestions? I really don't know what to do.

Teamviewin' Trent  
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos0 View Post
    I have a problem connecting to internet with VM. I recently bought a new laptop, and installed virtualbox with tinybot 2.5 and couldn't get the internet within the vm to work. Now I installed this following the instructions, and even with this, still can't connect to internet through this VM. Any suggestions? I really don't know what to do.
    is your network connection settings set to bridged with the replicate physical connection box unchecked?

Lifetime ViP  
    $200 Credit    Premium: 3000->5000 hours used  Free Bots: 300->500 hours used  99 Thieving 99 Cook 99 Agility 99 Mager 
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent! View Post
    is your network connection settings set to bridged with the replicate physical connection box unchecked?
    Yes it is.

Teamviewin' Trent  
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos0 View Post
    Yes it is.
    Tell me if this works for you: http://techshangrila.blogspot.sg/201...n-problem.html