Thread: i love my job

Forum Moderator 
     Merchant   $200 Credit    Premium: 3000->5000 hours used  Free Bots: 500->750 hours used  99 Firemaking 99 Fishing 99 Fletch 99 Herblore 99 Wc 99 Thieving 99 Crafting 99 Con 99 Cook 99 Agility 99 Miner 99 Prayer 99 Hp 99 Defence 99 Strength 99 Attack 99 Range 99 Smith 99 Mager 
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)

i love my job

Just for shits and giggles I'd like to share what I do for a living. I work here as a crane operator. The learning curve is steep and it takes a long time to become proficient. It's extremely intense and requires complete concentration. If something starts to go wrong moving something extremely heavy and hanging from cables six stories above you, you have between 2 to 3 second to take corrective action. Mistakes cannot be made. These "cans" as we call them are moved around and above people everywhere. If your not paying attention a mistake will most likely cause extreme injury and most likely a fatality. Two people have been killed in accidents this year. Time just fly's because of the constant total concentration. These structural towers are assembled with between 28 or 30 steel rings (cans) which are welded together into three sections that are put together one atop the other at the location where they will operate. The rings weigh from 15, 20, 30, 50, and 80 tons depending on how many are fit together. Two 50 ton cranes are used in tandem to move sections. This makes it possible to transport them by truck, rail, and ships as they are built to use all over the world. They advantages of using wind energy means a much lower cost in producing power. This is exciting work the demand is growing exponentially. Our plant operates 24 hours a day. I work nights and love it.

I

Just look at these beautiful wind turbines
    Last edited by church; 09-14-2017 at 11:16 AM.

2. iStokee thanked for this post
    RiD, Garaa, xcendrox liked this post
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Where I was stationed in SoCal there were hundreds of these in a wind farm in the “high desert” near Palm Springs. As some of you may have noticed, I tend to have a bit of a... ‘progressive’ mindset, despite my military experience (this isn’t a discussion about politics though ) and as such I am always on-board with ways of harvesting renewable energy.

It is very interesting to learn about what goes into creating these wind farms, especially ones of that massive size. We do have some here in Michigan, but they are not nearly on that scale - in both physical size and quantity. Do you know the average energy output per one of these?
    Last edited by iStokee; 09-12-2017 at 07:55 PM.

"The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life." - Rabindranath Tagore

Donations may be given by clicking the green Donate button at the top of the forum

5. xcendrox, church liked this post
    Forum Moderator 
     Merchant   $200 Credit    Premium: 3000->5000 hours used  Free Bots: 500->750 hours used  99 Firemaking 99 Fishing 99 Fletch 99 Herblore 99 Wc 99 Thieving 99 Crafting 99 Con 99 Cook 99 Agility 99 Miner 99 Prayer 99 Hp 99 Defence 99 Strength 99 Attack 99 Range 99 Smith 99 Mager 
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iStokee View Post
    Where I was stationed in SoCal there were hundreds of these in a wind farm in the “high desert” near Palm Springs. As some of you may have noticed, I tend to have a bit of a... ‘progressive’ mindset, despite my military experience (this isn’t a discussion about politics though ) and as such I am always on-board with ways of harvesting renewable energy.

It is very interesting to learn about what goes into creating these wind farms, especially ones of that massive size. We do have some here in Michigan, but they are not nearly on that scale - in both physical size and quantity. Do you know the average energy output per one of these?
    Here are some numbers. We build them for General Electric and Seimens.

source: http://www.treehugger.com/wind-techn...-24-hours.html

source: http://www.wind-watch.org/faq-output.php
    Last edited by church; 09-12-2017 at 08:16 PM.

8. xcendrox thanked for this post
    iStokee liked this post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Progressive has nothing to do with wind farms.
    Quote me if in wrong, but one of the reasons these exist is because of government grants and kickbacks.
    Not only do they cost heaps to put up, but the cost of removing them and effort causes more trouble than it's worth, long term.
    Similar to the production of batteries for electric cars.
    I'm all for a different energy source, however; there's nothing progressive about something that causes more emissions than the clean energy it produces while building, maintaining and disposing of it.
    The way all this is run now is to profit major corporations and being used as a bandaid fix.
    The amount of technology out there that is suppressed is unbelievable and the only way we would have true, free and clean energy is by having corruption removed from our government and all cults (Freemasons, Jews) removed from positions of power.
    We can't have this though, we're not allowed.

Forum Moderator 
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    the technology of harnessing wind energy pays for itself in the long run and when land and sea based farms are combined it will add appreciable and increasing power to the grid.i'm not sure you understand the long game here. General Electric and Siemens are investing hundreds of millions of dollars in this technology and they would not do so capriciously. General motors has recently announced that internal combustion engines are coming to an end. The efficient production, storage, and transmission or electrical energy is the way of the future. there is a learning curve to be sure and technology continues to improve as your manufacturing techniques continuously reflect but make no mistake, this is a huge part of the future. Try to divest your calculus of the pros and cons of purely politically charged motivation. Certainly capital must come from somewhere, specifically those who have it to invest and envision a return on their investment. This is nothing new. This is part of our evolution as a species and as a culture. Survival of the fittest and the role of natural selection. We cannot stifle innovation simply because their are less than exemplary motivations behind its research, development, and deployment. Make no mistake. This is wholly about the almighty dollar rather than any altruistic charity from the 1% to the masses. Yet in the end will we all be better off? That is the question. The investment has been made and continues to grow.

12. xcendrox liked this post
    Lifetime ViP  
     $200 Credit    Premium: 1500->2000 hours used  Free Bots: 200->300 hours used  Guideline Breaker   99 Fletch 99 Herblore 99 Hp 99 Defence 99 Mager 
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Go back to /pol/...

Jews and Freemasons really.... and i taught you where going to have a productive conversation about it, but instead you go to " THHHHEEE JEEEWWWS TOOOOOOK MMMYYY ENERGYYYYY "

The Only Pker ----->Garaa [Dragon Nite on sythe.org]

New Sig from Monica , did some math work for me and even added this new signature. What a swell guy.